ganna do my first disc golf tournement and i have a question Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ganna do my first disc golf tournement and i have a question

    how do I know where to place my self in the tourney....im 37, been playing about 3 years mostly in the Spokane...its the general store tourney that's In October if that helps...

  • #2
    Originally posted by izzjess View Post
    how do I know where to place my self in the tourney....im 37, been playing about 3 years mostly in the Spokane...its the general store tourney that's In October if that helps...
    A few questions to ask yourself: Do you play with other people that have played in tournaments? If so, how do you compare? How well do you do on the courses that will be played in the tournament?

    Comment


    • #3
      Check out this section on the PDGA website. Might help you narrow your choices down.

      http://www.pdga.com/pdga-player-clas...ons-divisions?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Matt Miller View Post
        Check out this section on the PDGA website. Might help you narrow your choices down.

        http://www.pdga.com/pdga-player-clas...ons-divisions?
        thanks for that.....its a toss up between advanced or intermediate ........have any of you guys played down river or highbrigde in Spokane....my average score there is even par to +2 my best is -3.... ill have to think about it a little ..but if any of you have played those courses you could help me out.....

        Comment


        • #5
          my two cents: your first tournament is going to be about a little bit more than what you just usually shoot... tournament golf is quite the different beast than your casual rounds (even if, like me, you take your casual rounds very seriously). i would say if it's a toss up between advanced and intermediate you would be more comfortable in intermediate. i also say read your rule book a few times before playing.

          also, you could contact the TD, Shawna Buzzingham and ask for her input.
          "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
          Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

          Comment


          • #6
            I've played both those courses and score around the same. I play intermediate. As it's your first I would say intermediate for sure and if you win or place in the top 3 or 5 then Advanced for the next one. Tournament pace is slow and a lot different. My first tournament was the 2012 Beaver State Fling and I shot +10 over my average. It's hard to get in a rhythm when there is 30 minutes between shots, rules to think about, and the mental game.

            There's my $.02
            And good luck!!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by juda4936 View Post
              I've played both those courses and score around the same. I play intermediate. As it's your first I would say intermediate for sure and if you win or place in the top 3 or 5 then Advanced for the next one. Tournament pace is slow and a lot different. My first tournament was the 2012 Beaver State Fling and I shot +10 over my average. It's hard to get in a rhythm when there is 30 minutes between shots, rules to think about, and the mental game.

              There's my $.02
              And good luck!!
              thanks a lot I guess I will try intermediate....thanks for all your help

              Comment


              • #8
                I would also read some of the rules on the PDGA site about tournaments. There are certain rules that differ from casual play and I would not want some of your competition to come down hard on you. Usually if you get in a group and mention you are playing for the first time in a tournament most will be very helpful with some rules.
                WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE A SPIDER BITE.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by SPIDER-DAN View Post
                  I would also read some of the rules on the PDGA site about tournaments. There are certain rules that differ from casual play and I would not want some of your competition to come down hard on you. Usually if you get in a group and mention you are playing for the first time in a tournament most will be very helpful with some rules.
                  I will do that thanks.....

                  Comment

                  Announcement Announcement Module
                  Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X