X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oregon vs Washington President Cup Style competition

I was just viewing the Pres. Cup video on the PDGA web site has there ever been something like this between the two states? I thought it would be pretty sweet to have the best from both to compete for bragging rights every year what does everybody else think.

I think it's a great idea.
    I'm not good enough to be considered, but have you thought of how the teams would be choosing? And would the defending champ get to pick the course?
    Or how would that work also?

Comment

There might be a time when Oregon and Washington Team Golf systems meet up in some kind of all star shootout or something. It's been talked about on this forum before as something that would be fun. (nominations from team golf leagues, based on merit, or qualifiers, etc... alternating host states, but team golf events are ratings based, blah,blah,etc)

That's the best bet, but still will take a lot of agreements to happen in some way, some time.

Comment

I myself just thought of this but do not have the capacity to run something of this magnitude. I believe that both states have a ton of players that would be great ambassadors to an event like this and the players could nominate players that would make up the team or the format I saw on the PDGA was a point system that they used for preselected tournies on how you placed. I also think that the courses should be random draw going back and forth from state to state from year to year. I would love more input and would love to help spearhead an event like this to help build the NW as the best disc golf area in the world.

Comment

The best format, in my opinion, would be mimic the SW Team Tournament that happens every year in San Diego.

two teams (OR vs WA), determine how many players per team, pick a course (Trojan, ORDGC layout would be perfect), get captains, captains pick their team.

If anyone is serious about putting this together, I'd be happy to have a conversation about the ins and outs of what it would take to make it happen.

Would be really cool!

Comment

Ryan this is Scotty B aka Scott Belknap shoot me a PM and I would love to discuss how to make this happen but I want to be a captain LOL.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
            Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X