X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is an Ace?

Does and Ace count if it is not part of a round?

I have noticed people just slinging it for an Ace and moving on, which is fine, but if you did throw an Ace this way would you record it on Disc Golf Scene?

That seems like practice to me, a great throw, but not a real Ace.

Just curious not judging.

Be suspicious of any ace with zero witnesses ... unless it's one of mine

Comment

I think an ace is an ace. It doesn't mater when it was thrown.

Comment

to me an "ace" is a disc thrown from tee pad into basket. that is the bottom line. it comes down to personal opinion if you want to claim an ace after throwing 10 discs and finally get one in the basket while on a practice/ casual round. what good does it do to try and put regulations on such a thing, its only good for bragging rights. "hey dude, i got 10,938 aces!!" who cares really.

if somebody tells me they have a certain number of aces, i take them at their word. it only really matters to them, it shouldnt have any effect on anybody else how many aces they have.

to me it doesnt matter if anybody sees or not, all that matters is that i know my disc went into the basket from being thrown from the tee pad.
        Team HOSER:dancing:
        Team OLY:cheerleader:
        Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

Originally posted by TYVEK View Post
          to me it doesnt matter if anybody sees or not, all that matters is that i know my disc went into the basket from being thrown from the tee pad.
          Same here. I have a few unwitnessed aces, all on holes <200'. When someone (usually jokingly) questions the validity of my aces I always reply, "I've I was making it up, don't you think I would have picked a tougher hole?"

Comment

I say Ace's can be gotten in an Ace Race/Birdie Bash formats.
            Or on the first throw off the tee pad during a round.
            I don't believe in an Ace on your 7th throw while practicing.
            It's an Ace but not a "register-able" ace IMO.

Comment

Aces mean something different to everybody, I suppose. Some people think they're cool, and that's that. Others obsess and try to rack up as many as possible. To each, their own. I don't see any problem with "registering" any ace on DGS - it's not as if it's an official record that means anything.

Comment

The only one that makes me wonder is it an ace or not,
                Is a "skip ace"
                Hmmmm
                That one I'm not sure about.

Comment

you mean the one where it skips off the ground and goes in the basket? first ace i ever got on a basket was one of those... and i got super reliable witnesses (not that i think that matters one freaking iota)...

... i was just gonna say, tho, it's not an ace unless you gouge your name in the fresh powdercoat...

"'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                  Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

I witnessed a killer ace a few days ago at Lunchtime, dude threw a wicked tomahawk on hole 7, it hit the ground next to the basket and bounced in. That should certainly count. And why not a skip-in? Or a roller? Or a roller bouncing off of a temporary orange fence and then into the basket, as Dave Feldberg is purported to have done.

Comment

An ace is a hole in one. First throw, from the teepad. A throw-in with your 2nd throw from the tee, while awesome, is called a 3P. This is not up for debate.

Emma, if you are tagging baskets after making your 2nd (or more) attempt from the tee we've got some talking to do.

Comment

Skips are like glass in basketball, you gotta call it first..........just kidding I would happily take a skip ace without calling it first.

Comment

IMO, an ace is first shot off the tee box that rests in the basket, per PDGA rules, during a scoring round (Casual or tourney).
                          An "ace" that goes in after throwing multiple discs would be a "practice shot ace", or "cubby" ace, named after the guy that has hundreds of "aces" throwing his entire bag and then some on 140' holes somewhere back east.
                          If someone asks me how many aces I have, I always answer making the distinction between the two. A skip ace is a real ace in a scoring round first shot off the tee. Nothing wrong with that. In ball golf, it's still an ace even if it bounced 4 times before going in to the hole.
                          Basket thieves

Comment

An "Ace" is a first throw. The only exception for that would be a second throw in a cali round.
                            If I get an "ace" on a second or third throw, likely in a practice round, I call it a "Hole-In-One", not an ace.

With that said, I probably have ~40+ aces and ~15+ Hole-In-Ones.
                            Brody Cannon
                            PDGA #34008

Comment

Originally posted by TheCannon View Post
                              An "Ace" is a first throw. The only exception for that would be a second throw in a cali round.
                              If I get an "ace" on a second or third throw, likely in a practice round, I call it a "Hole-In-One", not an ace.

With that said, I probably have ~40+ aces and ~15+ Hole-In-Ones.
                              DOH! a "hole in one" and a "ace" are the same exact thing.
                              Team HOSER:dancing:
                              Team OLY:cheerleader:
                              Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X