2 eagles at blue lake Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2 eagles at blue lake

    Was playing a morning round at blue lake this morning and finally hit an eagle on 14 been waiting for that one for a while now of course with an 11x eagle
    then playing out to the truck I played hole 4 and smashed another eagle with a roc
    2 eagles 1 round its gonna be a good day
    except lost my orange charizard stamped halo on 12 in the bushes on the right of the exit of the trees reward for return

  • #2
    Originally posted by NAVA50383 View Post
    Was playing a morning round at blue lake this morning and finally hit an eagle on 14 been waiting for that one for a while now of course with an 11x eagle
    then playing out to the truck I played hole 4 and smashed another eagle with a roc
    2 eagles 1 round its gonna be a good day
    except lost my orange charizard stamped halo on 12 in the bushes on the right of the exit of the trees reward for return

    Nice. What hole did you start on if you played 4 after 14?

    Comment


    • #3
      So an Eagle 3 on #14, and an Eagle 1 on #4? Nice!

      Typically we refer to Eagle 1s as aces, or holes-in-one, but they are technically Eagles, too!
      Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
      Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
      Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
      Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
      Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

      Comment


      • #4
        Congrats on the eagles. Blue Lake is tough! That rough is insane, it eats discs like cookie monster eats cookies.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by loki View Post
          Nice. What hole did you start on if you played 4 after 14?
          I started on 8 I usually play blue lake in the mornings about 6 ish so the gates not open so I park across the street from 8 also yes each eagle def felt like aces thanks all

          Comment


          • #6
            We got 2 Eagles at NAD Park, too. They live there.
            Basket thieves

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by NAVA50383 View Post
              I started on 8 I usually play blue lake in the mornings about 6 ish so the gates not open so I park across the street from 8 also yes each eagle def felt like aces thanks all
              So I know you are quite entrenched in the disc golf community and that you probably wouldn't intentionally paint disc golf or disc golfers in a bad light but there has been much discussion about people parking near and starting on hole 8. It is a serious point of contention among the neighbors (who's collective voices have been proven in the past to be strong enough to get a course pulled). The fact that it is "before the gates are open" does not help (in fact it's worse because not only are you parking there when the neighbors don't want you to but you are also illegally using the park outside it's posted hours). I understand that we play when we can but if we want to continue to play on more and more newer and greater courses we need to respect the ones we have.
              I'm not trying to be a dick about it but after losing a course close to my house due to neighbors complaining about parking and litter I am a little sensitive in this area.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by loki View Post
                So I know you are quite entrenched in the disc golf community and that you probably wouldn't intentionally paint disc golf or disc golfers in a bad light but there has been much discussion about people parking near and starting on hole 8. It is a serious point of contention among the neighbors (who's collective voices have been proven in the past to be strong enough to get a course pulled). The fact that it is "before the gates are open" does not help (in fact it's worse because not only are you parking there when the neighbors don't want you to but you are also illegally using the park outside it's posted hours). I understand that we play when we can but if we want to continue to play on more and more newer and greater courses we need to respect the ones we have.
                I'm not trying to be a dick about it but after losing a course close to my house due to neighbors complaining about parking and litter I am a little sensitive in this area.
                word. buy a metro pass, park in the parking lot, and play during park hours. they will pull this course if the rules aren't followed.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Well first off yeah I do admit to parking there you know at 6am when not a soul is out and second I understand where your comming from i dont like seeing the degenerates parking there either but are you listening to yourselves your telling me the course is gonna get pulled because of someone who is playing from 6-745 you know before that entire side of the world is even awake its not hurting anyone on the other hand I do agree that parking there when the actual park is open is wrong and that is why I do have a PARK PASS thank you very much so dont go saying I park there because I dont pay for parking I still say its stupid the park opens at 8 the signs should say dawn till dusk at least for the discgolf part so sry if I offender anybody but once again dont see any harm in playing when the rest of the world is asleep

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Hey I'm just throwing out my opinion on this matter. Take it for what it is an opinion. But we are having similar issues with a park down here in Salem where the neighborhood is expressing their displeasure with activities at a local course.

                    I think if there are posted hours and/or restrictions.... They need to be followed.
                    I understand you are there during the "non-busy" hours & not bothering anyone. But still I feel everyone needs to do what's right, so everyone can enjoy the course.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      what you think the signs should say... and what they DO say... totally different. nava... you know i got a lot of love for you, but i think a legit point has been raised. and for sure, i don't think you golfing at 6 am is a problem, i think it's pretty awesome, in fact. speaks to your dedication and probably a lot of neighbors would see you out there and feel the same way and appreciate your motivation... but it is something to consider.
                      "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                      Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        If I am a good person and rules are to control bad people, I don't have to follow the rules, right?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by blu666z View Post
                          If I am a good person and rules are to control bad people, I don't have to follow the rules, right?
                          I park by Hole 8 only because it's easier to carry my 30-pack of Natural Light onto the course from there.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by NAVA50383 View Post
                            Well first off yeah I do admit to parking there you know at 6am when not a soul is out and second I understand where your comming from i dont like seeing the degenerates parking there either but are you listening to yourselves your telling me the course is gonna get pulled because of someone who is playing from 6-745 you know before that entire side of the world is even awake its not hurting anyone on the other hand I do agree that parking there when the actual park is open is wrong and that is why I do have a PARK PASS thank you very much so dont go saying I park there because I dont pay for parking I still say its stupid the park opens at 8 the signs should say dawn till dusk at least for the discgolf part so sry if I offender anybody but once again dont see any harm in playing when the rest of the world is asleep
                            To what others have said I would add, 6 to 7:45 is not when the world is asleep. It is when most of the world is getting up and heading to work. If people see you playing when the park is closed and parking where you aren't supposed to be, it just gives ammunition to the people who want to see the park pulled. I appreciate that you feel the hours are not what you would set them at if it were your park, but it doesn't change what the actual hours are. We have seen courses get pulled because people didn't think the rules applied to them and the neighbors had enough of it.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Jakelin View Post
                              We have seen courses get pulled because people didn't think the rules applied to them and the neighbors had enough of it.
                              Amen, brother! Well said.

                              Comment

                              Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X