This is why we can't have nice things Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • This is why we can't have nice things

    Found this little pile (and tons more in the nearby bushes) next to hole 6 at Orchard Park. There are garbage cans on the next two holes, as well as the preceding two holes.

    For the record, alcohol is not allowed in the park.


  • #2
    Happening all over, sadly. The shirtless, one-disc crew, I believe...
    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
    ~Annika SŲrenstam

    Comment


    • #3
      One asshole throws some garbage on the ground by a tee. The next asshole see's a beer can and automatically assumes that this an acceptable place to dump their garbage. Pretty soon, you get these piles.

      Some peoples children should have been swallowed
      "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
      Cleveland Brown

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by General Scales View Post
        Some peoples children should have been swallowed
        Wow, good one!

        Comment


        • #5
          broken window

          Originally posted by General Scales View Post
          One asshole throws some garbage on the ground by a tee. The next asshole see's a beer can and automatically assumes that this an acceptable place to dump their garbage. Pretty soon, you get these piles.
          Yep, "Broken Windows Theory".
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broken_windows_theory

          "The theory states that maintaining and monitoring urban environments in a well-ordered condition may stop further vandalism and escalation into more serious crime."

          The only thing "we" can do to combat this effect is to maintain and monitor where we can.

          Comment


          • #6
            On Sunday, while we were BBQing dinner after spending all day pouring the new tees at Milo we saw someone leaning down by the fresh teepad. Buckley ran up there to see what was going on and he catches some these idiots letting their kid jump up and down on our fresh teepad. Yes, it was completely marked with caution tape, AND a written note begging people not to vandalize the pads. Of course, he found some ass named John had written his name in the tee pad and a bunch of tiny footprints.

            We called the rangers, and as soon as the ranger started grilling these morons, the woman started accusing Buckley of scaring their kid by yelling at them. I was like "You mean the kid you let run all over our new teepads is scared now. What a damned shame.". Its a good thing that wasn't a sinkhole, because they clearly allowed their brat to ignore the caution tape. Parents of the year right there...

            Sadly, because we were 400 ft away we couldn't "prove" inconclusively that the guy had written in the pads they got off with a warning. Two days worth of work, and they get a warning.

            Oh yeah... Guess what his name was. Yep, John V.

            Jeff H.

            PS: As usual, a huge thank you goes out to Murray the Brit for doing his best to "fix" the brand new teepad these asshats screwed up.
            "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
              On Sunday, while we were BBQing dinner after spending all day pouring the new tees at Milo we saw someone leaning down by the fresh teepad. Buckley ran up there to see what was going on and he catches some these idiots letting their kid jump up and down on our fresh teepad. Yes, it was completely marked with caution tape, AND a written note begging people not to vandalize the pads. Of course, he found some ass named John had written his name in the tee pad and a bunch of tiny footprints.

              We called the rangers, and as soon as the ranger started grilling these morons, the woman started accusing Buckley of scaring their kid by yelling at them. I was like "You mean the kid you let run all over our new teepads is scared now. What a damned shame.". Its a good thing that wasn't a sinkhole, because they clearly allowed their brat to ignore the caution tape. Parents of the year right there...

              Sadly, because we were 400 ft away we couldn't "prove" inconclusively that the guy had written in the pads they got off with a warning. Two days worth of work, and they get a warning.

              Oh yeah... Guess what his name was. Yep, John V.

              Jeff H.

              PS: As usual, a huge thank you goes out to Murray the Brit for doing his best to "fix" the brand new teepad these asshats screwed up.
              People are assholes, there's no permit required for breeding, and please tell us more about these new teepads.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Matt B. View Post
                People are assholes, there's no permit required for breeding, and please tell us more about these new teepads.
                They are on holes 10E & 15W. They are finely-crafted using locally sourced grey concrete, rectangular in shape, extremely grippy and up until a few mouth-breathers wrote their initials in them, they were perfect.
                "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
                  On Sunday, while we were BBQing dinner after spending all day pouring the new tees at Milo we saw someone leaning down by the fresh teepad. Buckley ran up there to see what was going on and he catches some these idiots letting their kid jump up and down on our fresh teepad. Yes, it was completely marked with caution tape, AND a written note begging people not to vandalize the pads. Of course, he found some ass named John had written his name in the tee pad and a bunch of tiny footprints.

                  We called the rangers, and as soon as the ranger started grilling these morons, the woman started accusing Buckley of scaring their kid by yelling at them. I was like "You mean the kid you let run all over our new teepads is scared now. What a damned shame.". Its a good thing that wasn't a sinkhole, because they clearly allowed their brat to ignore the caution tape. Parents of the year right there...

                  Sadly, because we were 400 ft away we couldn't "prove" inconclusively that the guy had written in the pads they got off with a warning. Two days worth of work, and they get a warning.

                  Oh yeah... Guess what his name was. Yep, John V.

                  Jeff H.

                  PS: As usual, a huge thank you goes out to Murray the Brit for doing his best to "fix" the brand new teepad these asshats screwed up.
                  Awesome on continuing to improve Milo!!

                  Sucks that mouth breathers screw up all that hard work.
                  Keep at it!!! More people appreciate the work then you know!!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    We also pulled 30+ "redneck chandeliers" out of the trees plus about 5 bags of trash from the course. Asshats galore at Milo.
                    Proud member #20 of STUMPTOWN Disc Golf and the PDGA #30488
                    Damn The Weak Side!!!!!!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      isn't Milo located near Estacada? Just say'n...

                      Buckley, Jeff, Jeff, Darr, Murray, and all ya all's, THANK YOU!!!!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        It seems like Milo has been extra bad this year. I remember the garbage cans overflowing in past years, but this year it's like people are trying to trash the park. Last time I played it there were bottles around every pad and even on top of some of the baskets. One of the baskets had an empty six pack with what looked like clothing stuffed into it. I tossed a bunch of bottles, but I wasn't touching whatever that was.

                        It's bizarre because Milo has lots of garbage cans.

                        What we need are litter bug hunting permits. I'm not saying shoot them, but cattle prods are pretty good at discouraging behavior.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I saw a pile just like the one in the OP at Dabney last weekend. Dabney doesn't seem to have as many garbage cans as Milo but still, if it came out of your bag, there's room to put it back in your bag.

                          Cattle prods.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Well, I finally took a garbage bag out there with me this morning and could tell that others had been picking up too because it was a lot better than the last time I was out. Thanks to all those who did the pick up! I still got a few cans and bottles on my round. The place is starting to look good again.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Matt B. View Post
                              People are assholes, there's no permit required for breeding.
                              And people say I'm crazy when I talk about mass sterilizations...

                              Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                              Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                              Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                              Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                              Or does here stand the last remaining man
                              To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                              No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                              Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                              Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

                              Comment

                              Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X