Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disc Golf Classes presented by The Hanleys

Hey Everybody,

The Hanley’s, Emma Rose and Garry, are teaching disc golf classes again this summer through the Hillsboro Parks Department. Classes start in July and we will be teaching beginner, intermediate and family classes. Everybody gets a free disc and class size is small.

Each class has two sessions: the first session is in an open field for skills practice, and the second session is at Orchard Park Disc Golf Course in Hillsboro. We’ll play some fun skills games, there will be plenty of individual instruction, and we’ll play 9-holes at Orchard Park.

Here’s a link to Hillsboro Parks Department on-line registration page. There is information on this page about how to register and you can click on ‘Teen and Adult Classes’ and scroll down to the disc golf page.

http://www.ci.hillsboro.or.us/ParksR...tiesGuide.aspx

Here are the class dates:

Beginner Class 1 July 17 & 20
    Class 2 July 31 & August 3
    Intermediate Class 1 July 18 & 20
    Class 2 August 1 & 3
    Family Class 1 July 10 & 13
    Class 2 July 24 & 27

We've had some wonderful results with these classes, as well as a lot of fun! Thanks for your interest and helping to spread the word if you can!
    "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
    Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Whoop

Comment

Very nice!!

Comment

Originally posted by LakeStevensBA
        Way to go Emma. There will be a margarita in Shelton with a Rose on it for ya.
        and here i thought i was doing this for free! sweet.

Comment

just a little bump...

... and keep in mind, class size is small... you WILL get individualized attention and instruction!

Here's the link to the sign up page:

Click on the Teen and Adult Classes link and then scroll down to page 45.

thanks!

emma and garry

Comment

I've never signed up for anything with H'boro Parks and Recreation. Is there an office where I can sign up and pay cash? I don't use or have credit cards. Would love for my son and I to attend.

Comment

You can register for the class at the Hillsboro Parks Admin office at 4400 NW 229th Ave, Hillsboro, OR 97124. It's right next to the Hillsboro Stadium. If you have questions you can pm me here or email me at garro52@hotmail.com.

The Family Class this week is pretty full, although we could fit you in. The Family Class on July 24 has plenty of spots open.

Garry Hanley

Comment

Open Spots

Our first family class went well, the kids had fun and everyone had basically gotten the hang of it by the end of the class. A cool thing about these classes is that each class is 2 sessions, so now Emma and I will meet them at Orchard Saturday morning and play a 9-hole round of golf with them.

We still have spots open for the remaining classes. We're teaching beginner, intermediate and family classes. Here's the link to registration. The class is listed under Teen and Adult Classes.

You can pm me or email me at garro52@hotmail.com if you have questions.

Garry

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X