X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Courses in the Redwoods

I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for courses in the redwoods. I will be down in Arcata next month and will have time to check out 2 courses. As there seems to be about 6 or 7 courses close to Arcata I was wondering if anyone was familiar with the area and if the had any advice on the best 2 courses that should not be missed.
    Thanks in advance.

Redwood Curtain is awesome.

Comment

I have heard Ammon ranch is a great course.

Comment

Please report back your findings. My wife and I are headed to SanFran for a wedding in a couple weeks and we're gonna drive the coast back up and play a bunch of golf.

Comment

Redwood curtain.

Redwood curtain is one of my favorite courses even with tone poles at least when I played it. Just being in those massive trees was an experience.

Comment

Are Redwood Curtain and Humboldt State University the same course?

Comment

Originally posted by nayr View Post
              Are Redwood Curtain and Humboldt State University the same course?
              Yes.
              Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
                Yes.
                black mouse
                near santacruz, is in the redwoods, but south of where youll be.
                worth a mention. it was a great time!
                beware the poison oak!

Comment

Ammon Ranch is an object course, except during tournaments, when they set up temp baskets. That said, it is amazing, and beautiful. The location is awe-inspiring. It plays through in and around a massive natural high (coast range) meadow that encompasses ponds, woods, hills, an orchard, and is home to a wide variety of wildlife. The par 3, 4, and 5 holes vary widely in length, shape, elevation, technicality, etc. I would find it hard to navigate without a map and/or guide, even having played it forwards and backwards (literally, in the All Hallows Heave) multiple years. I doubt it is mowed, so I imagine the grass could get real tall in season, but I don't know for sure, having only played there in the fall (October). Play Ammon Ranch, and if you ever get the chance, play in the All Hallows Heave there (credit goes to Pigz for showing it to me).
                  Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                  Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                  Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                  Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                  Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

I love Black Mouse; the poison-oak there is only bad on holes #1 and #2 (formerly #3 and #4). It's a full 75 miles south of San Francisco, but worth a stop if you're already down in Santa Cruz County to play DeLaveaga.
                    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Redwood curtain is 5 min south of Arcata and amazing, if you have a free weekend day and a car try and get ahold of birds of paradise (private course) amazing piece of land.

Comment

Thanks to all for the replies. I had never heard of Black mouse but I will be in Carmel for 2 days too and was planning on a round at De La Veaga on the way and Ryan Ranch while there so now I have to convince the wife there's another course to play.

Comment

Ryan Ranch in June will be FULL of poison-oak... be careful.
                          Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Ryans ranch is SO FUN! No redwoods and lots of oak but a great course nonetheless. If you have time check out Pinto lake in between DE LA and Ryans Ranch in Watsonville,CA. Beware of Poison Oak and Shady Vatos at Pinto.

Comment

Originally posted by InfamousButcher View Post
                              Ryans ranch is SO FUN! No redwoods and lots of oak but a great course nonetheless. If you have time check out Pinto lake in between DE LA and Ryans Ranch in Watsonville,CA. Beware of Poison Oak and Shady Vatos at Pinto.
                              Thanks for the oak warnings. I've played ryan ranch before (and de la veaga many many times) and they are 2 of my top 5 favorite courses ever played. I may try Pinto if I can make the time as it's the only course from the pro worlds (from last year or the year before) that I haven't played.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X