Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheCannon View Post
    Yeah, you make a good point.
    And for a fun historical perspective: a good AM payout would be a picked-for-you stack of 4-157 gram X-Clones that everyone would scamper around after the awards ceremony to try and trade for something they may actually use. Not that a 157 X-Clone was not sweet.

Good luck in your endeavor and keep up the good shooting!!

Comment

Originally posted by Portland Rebel View Post
      And for a fun historical perspective: a good AM payout would be a picked-for-you stack of 4-157 gram X-Clones that everyone would scamper around after the awards ceremony to try and trade for something they may actually use. Not that a 157 X-Clone was not sweet.
      Ahh yes, the good old days!

A sad postscript: I received the aforementioned "picked-for-you stack of discs" as my prize at an A-tier NW tourney in 2011. I was shocked to say the least!

Comment

*cough*King-Sized Snickers*cough* Payouts can always be WAY worse.

By the by... I don't think you should hate online forums more for this thread... but maybe adjust your approach to how you contribute and take some responsibility for a couple of the things you said. Not a huge deal.... and certainly not what I think you wanted to start when you opened this thread... but it's there. I don't think anyone flipped out on you... and I think you have been given some honest responses - whether wanted or not. Take what you will and leave the rest behind. It's what we all do, anyway.

Peace.
        ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
        ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
          *cough*King-Sized Snickers*cough* Payouts can always be WAY worse.

By the by... I don't think you should hate online forums more for this thread... but maybe adjust your approach to how you contribute and take some responsibility for a couple of the things you said. Not a huge deal.... and certainly not what I think you wanted to start when you opened this thread... but it's there. I don't think anyone flipped out on you... and I think you have been given some honest responses - whether wanted or not. Take what you will and leave the rest behind. It's what we all do, anyway.

Peace.
          I'd say that this is a perfect example of how crappy online forums and the trolls that love them can be.

Will I be noticed more as a decent pro or a great amateur?
          This statement is a prime example. This statement is NOT saying "I am a decent Pro" OR "I am a great amateur" and yet all of the people giving him crap on this thread read it EXACTLY that way. This is a totally valid question and yet he caught shit for it.

After a 4 year break since I've been serious about playing competitive disc golf, I'm back in it. With that said, I think I've proven myself as a good amateur golfer.
          He also was called out for this statement. What here is incorrect or false? In what fucked up world does "good amateur golfer" equal "taking my talents to South Beach"? I know lots of good amateur golfers, I don't know many who can shoot 3 rounds above 1000 in a large field of PDGA competition.

But what the hell, who am I to stop a good character assassination on these here intertubes...so carry on as you were!

Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
          Remain ye men of faculty complete,
          Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
          Attending to our noble bond and contract?
          Or does here stand the last remaining man
          To give a fig for rules and order yet,
          No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
          Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
          Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Jordan, thank you for reading my words carefully, unlike most people on here.
            Brody Cannon
            PDGA #34008

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
              I'd say that this is a perfect example of how crappy online forums and the trolls that love them can be.

This statement is a prime example. This statement is NOT saying "I am a decent Pro" OR "I am a great amateur" and yet all of the people giving him crap on this thread read it EXACTLY that way. This is a totally valid question and yet he caught shit for it.

He also was called out for this statement. What here is incorrect or false? In what fucked up world does "good amateur golfer" equal "taking my talents to South Beach"? I know lots of good amateur golfers, I don't know many who can shoot 3 rounds above 1000 in a large field of PDGA competition.

But what the hell, who am I to stop a good character assassination on these here intertubes...so carry on as you were!

Douche.
              Don't knock it until you rock it!

Comment

Originally posted by Str8MaxW8 View Post
                Douche.
                yeah, and rolling with a handle about the weight of the discs you throw is the height of douche so you would know...

Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                Or does here stand the last remaining man
                To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
                  yeah, and rolling with a handle about the weight of the discs you throw is the height of douche so you would know...

And your handle about how fat you are??

Comment

I don't know about everybody else, but I think this thread has just about run it's course. Unless you feel the need to do any more name calling, I'm thinking we can shut this one down?

Comment

2nd

Comment

Originally posted by Str8MaxW8 View Post
                        And your handle about how fat you are??
                        It's no wonder I had no idea who Michael Grummert was.. He's obviously not a well respected guy in the community.
                        Brody Cannon
                        PDGA #34008

Comment

For those of you that actually contributed to the conversation in a helpful way, thank you.
                          Remind me not to come to the forum for advice anymore.
                          Brody Cannon
                          PDGA #34008

Comment

3rd

Comment

He opened a door, I walked through it.

Get over it.

Comment

At what point are personal attacks justified? Can I personally attack if I have been personally attacked or would that be the "two wrongs don't make a right but definitely make a hypocrite" route?

I like and respect Michael Grummert and I know a lot of other people do, as well.

Regardless of intent, several of us read the OP as douchey. Well... the OP and several comments beyond that. "Measly" comes to mind. Of course, I considered the source of the OP and was not at all surprised... hence the South Beach comment. I stand by it and wish you and your entourage all of the luck in the world... on the sandy shores of some other beach.
                                ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                                ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X