X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• on comcast today at 12:30

today from 12:30-1:00, coverage of 'the memorial championships in fountain hills, az'. channel 37.

add'l times are 9:30-10pm tonight, and 9:30-10 tomorrow (wed) morning.

Originally posted by seanb View Post
    today from 12:30-1:00, coverage of 'the memorial championships in fountain hills, az'. channel 37.

add'l times are 9:30-10pm tonight, and 9:30-10 tomorrow (wed) morning.
    I watched it last night. I applaud the effort and the success of getting it on television. BUT...

Wayyyyyyyy too much frenetic music. Non-stop fast paced music. In the foreground, in the background when people are talking, and during virtually the entire program. I get that you want to position disc golf with "extreme sports", it's cool, it's active, I get it.

When you just have one type of music, and it runs non-stop, it is really annoying. I was relieved whenever they went to commercial because the music stopped. Mix in some silences, maybe a different tempo of background music, hey maybe just some talking?

I'd love to see some more straight up golf coverage in the program, some explanation of strategy, some context. The show is basically a highlight clips show of a bunch of throws with music. It tries to introduce way too many people in 30 minutes. It played like an extended promo, not condensed coverage of an event. It's tough in 30 minutes, I am sure. But I'd love to see it chill out a little on the relentless ear assault, focus on three or four people per event, and maybe take the viewer through an entire hole of shots (edited obviously) to show some of the strategy.

Comment

Watched it last night! It was really cool to see familiar places and familiar faces.

However, I agree with what Matt said. I would really like to see "official" coverage of a round so people can begin to understand what is really happening.

But hey, at least we got on TV! Baby steps, people. Baby steps.
      Brody Cannon
      PDGA #34008

Comment

I agree with the above comments.
        Would like to see them go to 1hr. Maybe have a small rules segment, along with using actual footage to show people the rules.
        5 mins is too short to show you all the ladies/men and highlight a round.

They didn't even really tell you this tournament was held a 2 courses. They touched on it briefly, but could have done better if they had an hour.

Also kinda surprised the first show wasn't a longer version kinda explain what they would be doing in the shows for this year.

Comment

I thought it was outstanding. I am eager to see more. I am going to email Comcast Sports Net at CSNNW@csnnw.com , and let them know I watched it, enjoyed it, want to see more, and plan to buy products from the advertisers. I suggest we all do the same!

"I thoroughly enjoyed the program: Disc Golf. I am eager to see more! I plan to buy products from the advertisers, too. Please keep showing more Disc Golf!

Thanks -

G S
          PDGA # 18833"
          Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
          Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
          Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
          Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
          Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

We should all be writing this email. Please.
            ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
            ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

it showed way too many missed putts as highlights. i was telling my friends to watch because they arent too into disc golf, and they asked me "why are they missing so many putts?"

Comment

I sent an email also

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X