X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• finding that sweet spot when driving

We all know that each disc has that sweet spot for your style.
    On occasion I was able to throw my Rampage correctly and getting some really good distance and accuracy, with out much effort.

Well now that I have changed things up in my drive by putting more anti-hyzer and a lot less snap (RHBH) I have been hitting that sweet spot more.
    At first this only happened 1 or 2x a round. I could feel a strange pressure building in the ends of my finger tips just before I let the disc fly.

This last sunday I played at Lakewood with Mazza and some of his friends. When we got to hole 8 I was telling the guys my theory about that sweet spot when throwing. I did get some funny looks, but when I almost aced that basket all I heard was "damn how the hell did you throw that anti-hyzer so far?"

That's the sweet spot I'm talking about. I am starting to understand more how my previous driving style was all wrong and I was missing something. I didn't have that smooth drive with good follow thru. I was trying to "crack the whip" by jerking my upper body just before release of my drives.

When we got to the geezer hole (18?) I decided to throw a rampage LHFH, saying that I had no idea what was going to happen. I have never tried this type of distance drive LHFH now that I have changed my entire drive style.

Mazza threw first and I was watching how much anti-hyzer (throwing RHBH) he was putting on his driver. He landed within 15ft of the short geezer pin location. I then teed off LHFH and I put more anti-hyzer but less height and boy did I find the sweet spot on that rampage!! I almost hit chains skipping about 2ft behind the basket!! I did land a bit deep from that skip, maybe 25ft past and down hill a little.

The drive felt effortless and completely "automatic". NO struggle, no herkey-jerky body movement, just 1 fluid body motion from the first step until the release of the driver. Oddly enough I felt like I was in slow motion. I'm still surprised about that drive. I didn't actually think I could throw like that, but I said what the hell and took the shot anyways.

That's finding that sweet spot with my plastic!!!
    Hukin since 1992
    DGOD #115

there is not a "sweet spot" on any disc, like there is for golf clubs. the sweet spot you are talking about is all about your body mechanics and your throwing form. when i read that to me it just means that you are getting your body mechanics and your timing more in order than they used to be.

the disc is just a piece of plastic, it will do what you tell it to do by your throwing form.
    Team HOSER:dancing:
    Team OLY:cheerleader:
    Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

Originally posted by TYVEK View Post
      there is not a "sweet spot" on any disc, like there is for golf clubs. the sweet spot you are talking about is all about your body mechanics and your throwing form. when i read that to me it just means that you are getting your body mechanics and your timing more in order than they used to be.

the disc is just a piece of plastic, it will do what you tell it to do by your throwing form.
      Maybe your right. I did change my throwing style a lot after I messed up my back. My distance has stayed about the same with some gain, however my accuracy has been a lot better. Something just clicked one day.
      I don't get to golf with a lot of people that much anymore due to my lame work schedule. So I don't get the feed back I need from players seeing something I'm doing or not doing.

I still believe that there is a sweet spot that a disc has, depending on your throwing style. That is probably due to good mechanics and the proper technique for the disc your throwing. I mean I don't throw my buzzes and ghosts like my rampages and cannons.

I seriously need to get out and golf with better players. Don't get me wrong, I like helping new players, but that seems like all I have been doing lately at white river.
      Hukin since 1992
      DGOD #115

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
      Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X