X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions on getting out of slump?

Just recently broke my collarbone and was out for a month and a half or so. The first week back I played great throwing around 950 rated rounds but in the last 3 weeks I have been throwing like I just picked up a disc, I constantly putt at home but still have trouble. I need help getting out of this slump, does anyone have any help or tips?
    Team Disc Jock
    Team Mando's Pro Shop

Rest for a week and reset no Discgolf period ur overdoing it then have fun don't be so serious

Comment

^^^i like that^^^

Comment

AJ,
        When you see me on the course, don't ask me to play a round with you. This only shatters your confidence even more having someone 35 years older than you beat you down. Find someone like Cajun to play with. That has helped my confidence immensely over the years.

Sincerely,
        Your Friend

Comment

Originally posted by LakeStevensBA View Post
          AJ,
          When you see me on the course, don't ask me to play a round with you. This only shatters your confidence even more having someone 35 years older than you beat you down. Find someone like Cajun to play with. That has helped my confidence immensely over the years.

Sincerely,
          Your Friend
          BA - lots of words come to mind to describe you & your game...'Confidence' isn't one of them. Go huck yourself!

Most Insincerely,
          Not Your Friend

AJ - we all go thru highs & lows, ups & downs, just play thru it, enjoy the good times & forget BA & the bad rounds.

Comment

practice your putting and the other aspects of your short game. not only does this benefit your short game it will have a postive effect on all aspects of your game... will help develop and groove your touch... and it's not as hard on your body as driving practice, which may be important for you as you recover from a broken collar bone.
            "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
            Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

That was cute BA, congrats on beating a 16 year old! We have seen who has thrown better when it counts and considering the last tournament in lake I am the highest rated player until aquafest...
              Team Disc Jock
              Team Mando's Pro Shop

Comment

Go back to yours basics.

Comment

Take a break.

Seriously, try your best to completely forget about disc golf for a while. 3-5 days of something else. Focus on work, fishing, hiking, something else. Give us a call if symptoms don't improve in 7-10 days.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Phillips View Post
                    Take a break.

Seriously, try your best to completely forget about disc golf for a while. 3-5 days of something else. Focus on work, fishing, hiking, something else. Give us a call if symptoms don't improve in 7-10 days.
                    Agreed
                    Reset

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Phillips View Post
                      Take a break.

wait... what? you people think about things OTHER than disc golf? what is this "hi-king" you speak of???
                      "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                      Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Perspective

My best advice is to take at least three days off and caddy for 54 holes...

In this order and preferably not all in the same day:

18 for someone in a group with players MUCH better than you...
                        18 for someone in a group with players WAY worse than you...
                        18 for someone in a group that is pretty much equal to you...

Keep your opinions, advice and criticisms completely to yourself...let it brew inside of you...then hit the course with a fresh perspective.

Comment

I agree with taking days off to let the body and the mind take that needed break if that doesn't work I like to change the course I am playing go somewhere new if you have the option this always makes me think a little when I am playing instead of throwing the same disc on that same hole and if all else fails mid- range all day leave the high speeds at home.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                          Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X