Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ I like it.
    "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
    -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Trophies

Trophies are a waste of money. And then the poor recipient has to rearrange their living room for the trophy case---or maybe even build a special wing to display them. But truly--they have no practical use.

Comment

How about practical trophies? I have a few ideas...least of all an engraved cheese grater.
        Team DISCRAFT
        NW Sign Up
        Gorilla Boy
        Paragon Disc Golf
        Odwalla

Comment

This thread is drifting towards an area I've thought a lot about.

Stuff for prizing. Soooo tough of a culture. having receipients "value" the prize (or gift as a pp is) is such a moving target. What I wanted yesterday is not what I want today. It's short sleeve, but I really wanted a hoodie. I already have that cheese grater... thus...value=0 . whew.

I believe plastic gets used so much, not only because of the obvious manufacturer driven factors, but because it is the one thing all disc golfers have in common - disc golf. Even in disc golf as the lone common denominator, many other products become hassle-some for event directors since they now have to deal with sizes. How many mediums, larges, XXXLs do I order and stock and haul around? Shirts, apparel, socks, whatever...

That being said, I'm with EnigmaSquad and Yardbird (of course I am) with being a proponent of more true AM trophy events with low value-driven entry costs. (and by trophy I mean "recognition") I'm drawing up a proposal for one now. Make your big events big, and your small events easy!

However, I looked at Vibrams Birdie bash (and now DD's two disc perhaps) as genious in utilizing online selection tools for player "gifts" No overages, no risk for event directors. Self determination by players. Fantastic - but only possible by technology and manufacturer driven scale of products. And it should be noted that Ace Race, Birdie B, DD's event are outright product placement vehicles (and good for them - thank you, love 'em)

So... How about events utilizing online "player gift" selections more and more often as time moves forward? Yupp, that means earlier sign up cutoff deadlines for getting inventory to support the orders, etc, etc. Select a shirt, or not. "Opt in" for the towel, water bottle,poster, etc.

Comment

I want an engraved cheez grater! My kind of trophy.

Comment

How about etched beer mugs!?
              Something we can use while we tell,(read as lie to), others of our greatness upon the DG course!! ;-)

Comment

I love the idea of trophy only...

hopefully my back will be healed enough to play...
                PDGA President

Comment

zuglass baskets and kinder mugs are 3x3ll3nt trophies!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                  Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X