Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No offence but talk is cheap, I have heard that in some tourneys lately that some people paid for tourney and all they got was a dx disc....40-60 entry fee for dx disc not cool in my book. I am not against this idea but if I am paying that much for tourney I better get something better then dx disc. Rant over.
    PDGA # 31451
    2 Mini Aces
    74 Aces
    PEOPLE WHO HELP ME LOTS IN DISC GOLF
    DISC GOLF OR DIE
    BOB CABAL
    DISCVANGO
    JEFF ELLIOT
    G-MAN
    JORDAN LEWIS
    JEFF HAGERTY
    JAMES GARCELON
    SAM GIBSON

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by E Smith View Post
      I play mpm...
      ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
        I've been known to

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
          And the winner of the "Most Unqualified To Comment On This Subject Award" goes to: Sam Gibson
          "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

So what I am generally hearing (reading) is that people don't mind playing for Trophy only, want to see something good in the players packs, and not have any money from the am entry subsidize the pro payout.

Good news for everyone, that was my intended plan with the WOXV this year. I'll be seeking out "special items" for players packs, one idea that comes to mind right away is a water proof jacket. Feel free to suggest your own ideas!

Dion
            Team DISCRAFT
            NW Sign Up
            Gorilla Boy
            Paragon Disc Golf
            Odwalla

Comment

Lets keep beer bottles off our courses and give these away in players packs. Keeps bev's cold for 24hours! Kinda spendy but I love mine!

http://www.hydroflask.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
                And the winner of the "Most Unqualified To Comment On This Subject Award" goes to: Sam Gibson
                Remove the "Un" and you're spot on. I believe I have done my time hearing the shit...

Sounds like a good time, Dion. I could use a nice new waterproof jacket.
                ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

The idea behind trophy only am divisions is to get more people to step up to pro. Iím not sure the supper awesome, bitchin, zippidy doo daa players pack provides that incentive.

If you play in the adv division, you have probably already done well enough in intermediate to win a bunch of discs, you now know what you like throw and are willing to purchase them. Low entry fees and small players packs would make it less appealing for a guy (who would finish 3rd in open) to stay and beat up on his buddies and it would move players through this division faster.

If you play in the intermediate division, youíre still trying to figure out your game. Low entry fee, a basic players pack with some scrip included and then play for trophies might be the ticket.

Make it boring (at least at PDGA events) to stay in the amateur divisions.

If people want to be showered with prizes they need to attend events likeÖ.

THREAD JACK THREAD JACK!!!!!!!

The Wash on August 3rd 2013!

My point being (other than a quick Wash reference) that there a lot of events that are just for fun and prizes and PDGA events should be more about competition, and fun of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster View Post
                    Lets keep beer bottles off our courses and give these away in players packs. Keeps bev's cold for 24hours! Kinda spendy but I love mine!

http://www.hydroflask.com/
                    nobody puts beer in a water bottle, yo. but go on livin' in your dream world...

dion, i suggest dance lessons as the "special item" in the player's pack...
                    "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                    Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Dion, the jacket is a great idea. One of my favorite items I have ever received was the WO umbrella. I still use it often and value it highly. The Seal Skinz was another great item. We live in the wet NW and items that make it just a bit more comfortable are great.
                      "Love is not primarily a relationship to a specific person. Love is an attitude, an ordination of character which determines the relatedness of the person to the whole world as a whole, not toward one object of love.Ē

Comment

oh it is on now!

Originally posted by E Smith View Post
                        The idea behind trophy only am divisions is to get more people to step up to pro. Iím not sure the supper awesome, bitchin, zippidy doo daa players pack provides that incentive.

If you play in the adv division, you have probably already done well enough in intermediate to win a bunch of discs, you now know what you like throw and are willing to purchase them. Low entry fees and small players packs would make it less appealing for a guy (who would finish 3rd in open) to stay and beat up on his buddies and it would move players through this division faster.

If you play in the intermediate division, youíre still trying to figure out your game. Low entry fee, a basic players pack with some scrip included and then play for trophies might be the ticket.

Make it boring (at least at PDGA events) to stay in the amateur divisions.

If people want to be showered with prizes they need to attend events likeÖ.

THREAD JACK THREAD JACK!!!!!!!

The Wash on August 3rd 2013!

My point being (other than a quick Wash reference) that there a lot of events that are just for fun and prizes and PDGA events should be more about competition, and fun of course.
                        You are ignoring the #1 factor that screws up the AM side of most PDGA tourneys: letting all of the AMs play in MA1 regardless of rating. When you have 950+ rated players "winning" the entry fees of players with ratings in the 850-900 range you are giving that player an incentive to stay in the MA1 division for the easy pickings. But if you make players play in the AM divisions that their rating qualifies them to play in, you get more divisions with less players in any one division. That caps the total pie that can be won by any single player, and when those small payouts are no longer so tempting you will see those upper level MA1 players move to the open divisions.

Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                        Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                        Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                        Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                        Or does here stand the last remaining man
                        To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                        No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                        Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                        Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
                          You are ignoring the #1 factor that screws up the AM side of most PDGA tourneys: letting all of the AMs play in MA1 regardless of rating. When you have 950+ rated players "winning" the entry fees of players with ratings in the 850-900 range you are giving that player an incentive to stay in the MA1 division for the easy pickings. But if you make players play in the AM divisions that their rating qualifies them to play in, you get more divisions with less players in any one division. That caps the total pie that can be won by any single player, and when those small payouts are no longer so tempting you will see those upper level MA1 players move to the open divisions.

I know you love the ratings based option Jordan. I think removing payout is more effective and allows players to play a higher division if they choose. Same effect without pigeon holing players.
                          "Love is not primarily a relationship to a specific person. Love is an attitude, an ordination of character which determines the relatedness of the person to the whole world as a whole, not toward one object of love.Ē

Comment

Loaded PP

Sounds Awesome!

Check out these killer trophies:

Comment

Hard to believe I am the only respondent (so far) who chose:

"NO: I came to win - ..."

I think many of you are not being honest with yourselves...

Or maybe because the full response was actually:

"NO: I came to win - and that means lots of plastic to me!"

I guess I can understand folks not choosing that option, since I agree more with the "NO: I came to win" part than the "that means lots of plastic to me" part.

Perhaps the poll would be less biased it it just offered Yes, No, Indifferent, or More Info, without the editorialized comments after each option.?
                              Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                              Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                              Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                              Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                              Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Seal Skin socks.
                                Umbrella. Repeat cool "child putting" logo from years past. (Jason wouldn't sell me his.)
                                Lunch and hot dinner.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X