Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we saw a decent sized gopher snake on the trail from 13 to 14. We just rushed him off into the bushes. Scared the crap out of me when I almost stepped on it. No harm no foul.

Comment

Originally posted by matt View Post
      I ain't going nowhere near that golf course
      Then, sadly, you will miss out on one of the most magical disc golf courses on this planet. Whistlers Bend is absolutely amazing.
      "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
        Then, sadly, you will miss out on one of the most magical disc golf courses on this planet. Whistlers Bend is absolutely amazing.
        The 18 inch long Gardner snakes at woodland creek freak me out

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
          But it's infested with venomous snakes! J/K. I've been playing there for eight years (I know it's not a long time) and never before even heard about rattlesnake concerns. They generally don't want to have anything to do with messing with people, they are just out being snakes. I'm sure the early warm spring has them taking advantage of sunning opportunities and laying around where they are more noticed.

Except of course for the fact that as far as I can tell, no one actually saw a Rattlesnake for sure this last weekend. I'm sure they are there, as the locals can attest, but I'm not sure they were actually spotted this weekend.

And Whistlers IMO is easily in the top 3 in the Pacific Northwest, and probably top 25 in the world. IMO.

Comment

The 18 inch long Gardner snakes at woodland creek freak me out
            Garter snakes, not gardner or gardener snakes.

Scrip, not script.

Lose, not loose.

Not pointed at you Matt, just working out some word trauma from my system.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt B. View Post
              Garter snakes, not gardner or gardener snakes.

Scrip, not script.

Lose, not loose.

Not pointed at you Matt, just working out some word trauma from my system.
              Voice typing on phone, take what you can get

Comment

Voice typing on phone, take what you can get
                yeah, at least he's not threatening to crush the skulls of rattlesnakes for the simple fact of existing in their natural habitat...
                "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Originally posted by emmarose View Post
                  yeah, at least he's not threatening to crush the skulls of rattlesnakes for the simple fact of existing in their natural habitat...
                  i cant crush anything when i am running away, screaming, with my skort hiked up

Comment

i cant crush anything when i am running away, screaming, with my skort hiked up
                    bwaaaaahahahahahaha... haha... haha... ha. phew. funny.
                    "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                    Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Look at what my gf found hanging out by the first tee pad at white river. This little fella bit her finger but then decided to let go and chill for some up close photos!! I think its an alligator lizard??
                      Not as scary as a snake tho
                      Hukin since 1992
                      DGOD #115

Comment

Originally posted by Mikk View Post
                        I think its an alligator lizard??
                        Yup.
                        Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Mikk View Post
                          Look at what my gf found hanging out by the first tee pad at white river. This little fella bit her finger but then decided to let go and chill for some up close photos!! I think its an alligator lizard??
                          Not as scary as a snake tho
                          Nice picture!

Comment

I do not recomend that people handle mother nature as you can get bitten. However bolth my gf and I have lots of experience with reptiles. It is always best practice to let them be ;-)
                            Hukin since 1992
                            DGOD #115

Comment

Saw one of these near our home in Seabeck, WA. First time seeing one (and it was so close to the beach) sunning itself on a rock. Seemed dangerous for the lizard to be that exposed- there are ospreys, eagles, and predators everywhere.

Got a photo that helped in identification. Matches the look of this one.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X