X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I try not to hate people, but ...

... some idiots purposefully broke one of the peace sign fingers at #9 on Horning's Canyon course.

It's hard not to hate those people. OTOH perhaps they shouldn't be considered people. Then I could hate, right?

That is sad. When I was last there in sept., I was looking at those fingers and noticed that they were showing signs of abuse (naturally, or intentionally) and I was of the feeling that they wouldn't be lasting a whole lot longer, but they certainly didn't need any extra help. Tar and feathers would be too kind.

Finger-breaking douche.
    Basket thieves

Comment

Really and truly sad!

Comment

So, now it's just giving everyone "the finger"?
        Basket thieves

Comment

Originally posted by tmk View Post
          ... some idiots purposefully broke one of the peace sign fingers at #9 on Horning's Canyon course.
          This sickens me!!

Comment

well, i think it's important to understand that the fingers were coming down just due to bugs and birds and deer... i was upset, too, and am pretty sure i have an idea of who the culprits were because i believe i was there the day it happened and not too long after it happened. it was no one i knew or had seen before but there was an interesting crowd of kids that i played thru/with/listened to their gangsta rap with for a while (ugh)...

save your hate for people who really deserve it (no matter how wicked i think hatred is, there are some out there who earn it) and take a lesson from Michael (the big bearded dude who works out there)... his response when i told him about it was a shrug of his substantial shoulders, a rolling of the eyes and then he said, "aaahhhh... i guess that's too bad. but they were a little worse for the wear anyway and bound to come down soon. some people just don't know a good thing when they see it."
            "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
            Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Originally posted by emmarose View Post
              well, i think it's important to understand that the fingers were coming down just due to bugs and birds and deer... i was upset, too, ...

save your hate for people who really deserve it (no matter how wicked i think hatred is, there are some out there who earn it) and take a lesson from Michael (the big bearded dude who works out there)... his response when i told him about it was a shrug of his substantial shoulders, a rolling of the eyes and then he said, "aaahhhh... i guess that's too bad. but they were a little worse for the wear anyway and bound to come down soon. some people just don't know a good thing when they see it."
              Thanks for your calm voice of reason Emma.

Comment

I hope the movie
                Idiocracy will not
                become prophesy

I wouldn't be upset if the finger was knocked down by a max weight Wraith, or even a Groove, if it was unintentional. Or if intentional, then with regret. Demolishing a decaying icon should be done with regret.

Comment

Originally posted by emmarose View Post
                  well, i think it's important to understand that the fingers were coming down just due to bugs and birds and deer... i was upset, too, and am pretty sure i have an idea of who the culprits were because i believe i was there the day it happened and not too long after it happened. it was no one i knew or had seen before but there was an interesting crowd of kids that i played thru/with/listened to their gangsta rap with for a while (ugh)...

I completely don't agree! It is OK to do whatever you feel like to something because it is coming down anyways? F*&k that, we don't have that many disc golf monuments and we need to protect all of the ones we can! The lacksidasical way we go about preserving our sports monuments is laughable at best. Vandalism is Vandalism is Vandalism...it doesn't matter the state of whatever was Vanadalized!

Comment

Originally posted by mine all mine View Post
                    I completely don't agree! It is OK to do whatever you feel like to something because it is coming down anyways? F*&k that, we don't have that many disc golf monuments and we need to protect all of the ones we can! The lacksidasical way we go about preserving our sports monuments is laughable at best. Vandalism is Vandalism is Vandalism...it doesn't matter the state of whatever was Vanadalized!
                    ^^^I second this.

Comment

Originally posted by mine all mine View Post
                      heavens to betsy!!! i was just saying that it's not something to be filled with vitriol and hate over... but, golly... nevermind. you get all worked up and hateful if that's what you need to do.

Comment

Its hard not to hate all recreational players when some of them are that inconsiderate. I surprised this happened at a play to play though. Generally $5 is enough to separate people who enjoy playing from people with a 40 and nothing to do.

Comment

There are douchebags at pay to plays, too. I seriously doubt that an asshat such as this even bothered to pay. HH is on the honor system you know. Clowns like these have no honor.
                          Basket thieves

Comment

Originally posted by jeffmonty View Post
                            There are douchebags at pay to plays, too. I seriously doubt that an asshat such as this even bothered to pay. HH is on the honor system you know. Clowns like these have no honor.
                            Hardly ever honor system anymore. Usually they have someone taking $$ before the parking lot.

Comment

Hardly ever honor system anymore. Usually they have someone taking $$ before the parking lot.
                              Still pretty much that during the week. The fridge is still honor-bound though. ;-)

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X