Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool, Thanks for all the feedback so far!

Just so everyone knows, Super Class is certainly going to happen. Potentially at Willamette, but most likely at Adair. My best at Adair is a 58, but Colin holds the record at 56. Super fun, super challenging, super class! (Did I just create a new tag line?)

Thanks Chuck for the feedback about Super Class. I still think folks in our area are going to be hip to divisional breakdowns similar to what we've had so far, but I'll certainly hint at the fact that there is a more equal playing field within the SC structure.

Speed Disc is a little more intense of a format. I knew Ben and Andy would dig it, but for anyone who drinks beer seriously, this format may not be for you. I’ll give you a quick example of how this format works. My best score (and only time I’ve tried) at Willamette is a 49, completed in 16:31, with one disc (TeeRex). I could see having three discs to carry, but the point is to go fast and shoot well. Time is the overall deciding factor, but score factors in when scores are comparable enough. I’m still playing with how it works exactly, but it is a fun format no doubt. You should be in shape enough to jog about two miles without dying, just a heads up.

Bob, I really dig you idea! I think we could hold a Tournament/Clinic for new and beginning players with advanced players coaching and offering tips at each hole. I could see that day going something like this:

Morning Clinic (Putting, Driving, Sidearm, etc…)
    Beginner Tournament with Pro Caddies (one round, easy layout)
    Lunch
    Pro tournament with Beginner Caddies (one round, hard layout)
    Awards (Best Caddy, Overall Performance, etc…)

That would be a blast!

Count on the Adair Series happening again this year, but potentially with a twist. I love one day Sanctioned events, so I wouldn’t pass these up. I’m getting super excited to get these things going, so look out for flyers and dates being published soon!
    Team DISCRAFT
    NW Sign Up
    Gorilla Boy
    Paragon Disc Golf
    Odwalla

Comment

Originally posted by RonTheWhip View Post
      Bob, I really dig you idea! I think we could hold a Tournament/Clinic for new and beginning players with advanced players coaching and offering tips at each hole. I could see that day going something like this:

Lunch
      That sounds really cool. What better way to get sound advice on how to play the game, and then being able to witness things you didn't even know were possible!
      Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Lunch

That would be a blast!
        Sounds awesome - just don't call it a beginner tournament. There are many of us who have been playing for a while in the rec/int fields who could benefit from a tournament like this.

I would change the afternoon round to open/am doubles.

Comment

Cool, Thanks for all the feedback so far!

Thanks Chuck for the feedback about Super Class. I still think folks in our area are going to be hip to divisional breakdowns similar to what we've had so far, but I'll certainly hint at the fact that there is a more equal playing field within the SC structure.
          What we offered for Super Class league is Open, Intermediate and Rec. That way you have divisions for those rated over 934, 850-934 and under 850. Seems to work well. Ams who "cash" in Open win merch just like in regular events.

Comment

[QUOTEMorning Clinic (Putting, Driving, Sidearm, etc…)
            Lunch
            ][/QUOTE]

I like it!

Bob

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
            Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X