X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Hazards

My wife and I recently started playing disc golf and are interested in expanding our collection of gear.

We want to hit up a course with a bunch of water features and go fishing for plastic. We trolled the creek in Leverich Park in Vancouver, WA to no avail.

Any suggestions for courses near SW WA or NW OR with a bunch of water hazards? I searched DGCR and found that Dabney Park has some water too. Maybe we'll be able to return an ace disc or two, plus clean up some trash in the process.

Thanks!

U want water. Trojan.

Comment

Yup. Trojan is really the only local course where you're likely to find much in the water.
      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Trojan Nuclear Park on Hwy 30, WEST of St. Helens, Oregon.
        The only way to roll. Bring extra discs.
        Last edited by Sanchez; April 21st, 2013, 07:22 AM. Reason: wrong directions

Comment

Trojan for sure! Lakewood DGC in White Center, WA also has some plastic eating water.
          A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Trojan

Trojan rule:
            For every disc removed from the muddy water, you must return two!
            Honestly, if you go there expecting to find a lot the conditions must be perfect. And they never are... Typically I find discs where I have lost mine. Calling numbers is typically expected... Always nice to find some sweet plastic with no #! Fun course to work out trick shots. And lose plastic.

Comment

I was surprised that new players desiring to be "expanding our collection of gear" would mean trolling water hazards...

so many easier ways to get great gear - new, trade, beg, used. and feel good about it!

Comment

Originally posted by WestsoundBT View Post
                I was surprised that new players desiring to be "expanding our collection of gear" would mean trolling water hazards...
                Hopefully they meant "we'll keep the ones without names on them, and gather up some good DG karma by calling the owners of the others."
                Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
                  Hopefully they meant "we'll keep the ones without names on them, and gather up some good DG karma by calling the owners of the others."
                  upon reading and rereading the original post i believe that this is, in fact, what they meant... they mentioned returning ace discs... hopefully that was a reference to returning labeled plastic... and cleaning up trash... so, while i found it a curious post, i also applaud it to some extent... i think.
                  "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                  Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                  Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X