X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Happened to Player Courtesy?

Let me start by saying that I love how much our favorite sport is growing! That being said, I feel as though, with the newer players to the game, the emphasis on courtesy and community among disc golfers is on a rapid decline. For example: my buddy and I were out throwing today as a twosome. We got held up behind a group of 5 players who were completely uninterested in letting us play through. So we skipped over them to another hole when it was convenient to do so. Several holes later through the round, I discovered that I had left one of my discs behind. I knew right where, and returned to find it was already gone. That same group of 5 had just played through, so I asked them if thy had found a yellow Star Beast. One of them reluctantly pulled my disc from his bag and handed it over, saying that there was no name and number on it. I checked the underside, to find that my name and number was still readable, although obviously deliberately smudged out. AND THE GUY HAD ALREADY WRITTEN HIS OWN NAME AND NUMBER ON IT! He had my disc for all of 30 seconds before defacing it without checking with nearby groups. Unbelievable! My point in this ramble, is to implore all of you conscientious, players to PLEASE pass along the basic rules of courtesy to the people you are introducing our great sport to. Those of you who are teaching the game correctly, thank you, and keep up the good work!

Well said!!

Comment

Sadly those few will always be around!

We have some whose behavior is threatening to get a local course closed.
      Glad you got your disc back!

Comment

Before any new player is taught how to hold or throw a disc they should be instructed on courtesy and etiquette first- period!

Comment

Originally posted by ScottW View Post
          Before any new player is taught how to hold or throw a disc they should be instructed on courtesy and etiquette first- period!
          Amen!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
          Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X