Stats Guessing Game for April 13th "Discin' at the Depot" N.A.D park Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stats Guessing Game for April 13th "Discin' at the Depot" N.A.D park

Totally Ripping off this idea from Ryan Gwillim, But his little game was so much fun I thought I would give us another chance to make some educated guesses on an event coming up this weekend.
    Since this event is part of the West Sound Challenge Series,
    1st place will receive a disc from last year's WSDGA series.(hey, free entry but a chance to win something!) and 2nd place will get a WSDGA mini.

About the event: AM and PM rounds at N.A.D park in Bremerton, WA
    Red Tees to Long Pins both rounds. Par 54

PDGA registrants here: http://www.pdga.com/tournament_results/101833

Below are the 10 Questions, hopefully you should be able to cut/paste and put your answers after each answer:

1) Overall Winner (all divisions) (3 points)
    2) Winning Overall Score (all divisions) (3 points)
    3) Hot round AM (all divisions)(Par 54, so please post -10 as a 44) (1 point)
    4) Hot round PM (all divisions)(Par 54, so please post -10 as a 44) (1 point)
    5) SSA for AM round (3 points)
    6) Difference between SSA for AM and PM round (if SSA for AM was 54 and SSA for PM was 53 your answer should be -1) (2 points)
    *(notice you don't have to get #5 right to get this right)
    7) Number of Aces for the entire Field for both rounds (1 point)
    8) Average for hole 8, all divisions, both rounds rounded to nearest 10th of a stroke. (5 points for getting it exactly, otherwise 1 pt for being closest)
    9)Average AM round for Advanced GrandMaster (2 pts)
    10)Number of Birdies plus penalty strokes that I, Brian Jacobs will incur for the day. (1 pt)*

*of course, a vanity question for the mix.

Happy guessing!
    Board Member of the West Sound Disc Golf Association
    Like us on Facebook! Facebook.com/WSDGA

Here is my entry:

Mike Werth
    6) Difference between SSA for AM and PM round (if SSA for AM was 54 and SSA for PM was 53 your answer should be -1) (2 points)
    8) Average for hole 8, all divisions, both rounds rounded to nearest 10th of a stroke. (5 points for getting it exactly, otherwise 1 pt for being closest)
    10)Number of Birdies plus penalty strokes that I, Brian Jacobs will incur for the day. (1 pt)*
    8 (I guess if I can't get as many birdies as I predicted I can purposely incur some penalty strokes to get to my guess of 8, lol)
    Last edited by EnigmaSquad; April 12th, 2013, 07:31 AM. Reason: I played NAD on Thursday and feel 46 is too low for SSA

Comment

1) Overall Winner (3 pts): Mike Werth
      2) Winning Overall Score (3 pts): -11
      3) Hot round AM (1 pt): 45
      4) Hot round PM (1 pt): 47
      5) SSA for AM round (3 pts): 47
      6) Difference between SSA for AM and PM round (2 pts): +1
      7) Number of Aces for the entire Field for both rounds (1 pt): 1
      8) Average for hole 8, all divisions, both rounds rounded to nearest 10th of a stroke. (5 points for getting it exactly, otherwise 1 pt for being closest): 4.7
      9)Average AM round for Advanced GrandMaster (2 pts): 66
      10)Number of Birdies plus penalty strokes that Brian Jacobs will incur for the day. (1 pt): 7

Comment

1) Overall Winner (all divisions) (3 points) Scott Papa
        2) Winning Overall Score (all divisions) (3 points) 98
        3) Hot round AM (all divisions)(Par 54, so please post -10 as a 44) (1 point) 48
        4) Hot round PM (all divisions)(Par 54, so please post -10 as a 44) (1 point) 48
        5) SSA for AM round (3 points) 52
        6) Difference between SSA for AM and PM round (if SSA for AM was 54 and SSA for PM was 53 your answer should be -1) (2 points) 0
        7) Number of Aces for the entire Field for both rounds (1 point) 0
        8) Average for hole 8, all divisions, both rounds rounded to nearest 10th of a stroke. (5 points for getting it exactly, otherwise 1 pt for being closest) 4.6
        9)Average AM round for Advanced GrandMaster (2 pts) 64
        10)Number of Birdies plus penalty strokes that I, Brian Jacobs will incur for the day. (1 pt)* 10

Comment

Mike Werth
          +1
          "When a ball dreams, it dreams it is a frisbee."

Comment

I know all of you have been busy with your calculators and thinking about your entries, but it's about time to post them here!!

Comment

1) Overall Winner (all divisions) (3 points)---Mike Werth
              2) Winning Overall Score (all divisions) (3 points)---97
              3) Hot round AM (all divisions)(Par 54, so please post -10 as a 44) (1 point)---47
              4) Hot round PM (all divisions)(Par 54, so please post -10 as a 44) (1 point)---46
              5) SSA for AM round (3 points)---53
              6) Difference between SSA for AM and PM round (if SSA for AM was 54 and SSA for PM was 53 your answer should be -1) (2 points)---+1
              7) Number of Aces for the entire Field for both rounds (1 point)---1
              8) Average for hole 8, all divisions, both rounds rounded to nearest 10th of a stroke. (5 points for getting it exactly, otherwise 1 pt for being closest)---4.3
              9)Average AM round for Advanced GrandMaster (2 pts)---65
              10)Number of Birdies plus penalty strokes that I, Brian Jacobs will incur for the day. (1 pt)*---8

Comment

I'm adding a Champ Classic Roc with last years WA State Championships stamp to the first place prize package.

Comment

1) Overall Winner (all divisions) (3 points) Mike Werth
                  2) Winning Overall Score (all divisions) (3 points) -9
                  3) Hot round AM (all divisions)(Par 54, so please post -10 as a 44) (1 point) 49
                  4) Hot round PM (all divisions)(Par 54, so please post -10 as a 44) (1 point) 49
                  5) SSA for AM round (3 points) 55
                  6) Difference between SSA for AM and PM round (if SSA for AM was 54 and SSA for PM was 53 your answer should be -1) (2 points) -1
                  7) Number of Aces for the entire Field for both rounds (1 point) 0
                  8) Average for hole 8, all divisions, both rounds rounded to nearest 10th of a stroke. (5 points for getting it exactly, otherwise 1 pt for being closest) 4.2
                  9)Average AM round for Advanced GrandMaster (2 pts) 62
                  10)Number of Birdies plus penalty strokes that I, Brian Jacobs will incur for the day. (1 pt)* 9

Comment

1) Overall Winner (3 pts): Paul Wright
                    2) Winning Overall Score (3 pts): -11
                    3) Hot round AM (1 pt): 47
                    4) Hot round PM (1 pt): 48
                    5) SSA for AM round (3 pts): 48
                    6) Difference between SSA for AM and PM round (2 pts): -1
                    7) Number of Aces for the entire Field for both rounds (1 pt): 0
                    8) Average for hole 8, all divisions, both rounds rounded to nearest 10th of a stroke. (5 points for getting it exactly, otherwise 1 pt for being closest): 4.4
                    9)Average AM round for Advanced GrandMaster (2 pts): 63
                    10)Number of Birdies plus penalty strokes that Brian Jacobs will incur for the day. (1 pt): 7

Comment

FYI, I changed my answer above for the SSA from 46 to 49. I played the course yesterday and will be surprised if it is as low as a 46.
                      All answers become final as of 8 am tomorrow morning.(in case others get out and play before hand and come to similar conclusions...)

Comment

1) Overall Winner (all divisions) (3 points)--- Mike Werth
                        2) Winning Overall Score (all divisions) (3 points)--- 101
                        3) Hot round AM (all divisions)(Par 54, so please post -10 as a 44) (1 point)--- 49
                        4) Hot round PM (all divisions)(Par 54, so please post -10 as a 44) (1 point)--- 50
                        5) SSA for AM round (3 points)--- 51
                        6) Difference between SSA for AM and PM round (if SSA for AM was 54 and SSA for PM was 53 your answer should be -1) (2 points) --- 0
                        7) Number of Aces for the entire Field for both rounds (1 point)--- 0
                        8) Average for hole 8, all divisions, both rounds rounded to nearest 10th of a stroke. (5 points for getting it exactly, otherwise 1 pt for being closest)--- 4.2
                        9)Average AM round for Advanced GrandMaster (2 pts)--- 65
                        10)Number of Birdies plus penalty strokes that I, Brian Jacobs will incur for the day. (1 pt)--- 7

Comment

Sorry this is a challenge to update from the iPad. Will give details on Monday but the winners were enigma squad with 9 points and Yardbird with 8 points.
                          In general we all guessed play would be better than it actually was. Winning score was -5 by Mike Werth.
                          Thanks for playing everyone!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                          Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X