Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The conversation that DG belongs in the Olympics makes me chuckle every time it comes up.

From the Olympic Sports wiki page: "A sport or discipline may be included in the Olympic program if the IOC determines that it is widely practiced around the world, that is, the number of countries and continents that regularly compete in a given sport is the indicator of the sport's prevalence."

Although DG is played sporatically throughout the world, the vast majority is played in the U.S. Even here, it would be a stretch to say the sprot is pevalant.

Comment

^^ your mom's sprot is pevalant.
      "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
      Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Originally posted by emmarose View Post
        ... ummm... isn't that why we love the olympics???

and why start a shit storm of hurt feelings on a forum for something you clearly enjoy very much, whether you want it in the olympics or not?

i'm frankly tired of people not being nice. just tired of it.
        sorry if i hurt your feelings, my comment had nothing to do with stirring stuff up or being nice or not being nice.

its an open forum so i can voice my opinion just like everybody else does. just like you apperantly get tired of people not being nice, i get tired of everybody wanting their activity to be in the olympics. its like whats next cup stacking, or chess??

if you look down the list of sports in the olympics there are some rediculous things that are there.

Oh and BA, dont worry you can still wrestle at the Team Golf Finale this sunday, just make sure to bring your sequined dress.

thats where my comment came from, i dont want to see disc golf in the olympics because its a sport that really has no place in a contest like the olympic games.

my opinion might not be popular, but im not going to appologize for it. we all have to remember that it is ok to step on toes and be different sometimes.
        Team HOSER:dancing:
        Team OLY:cheerleader:
        Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

What the hell was I thinking?

Comment

Now I'm REALLY having fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
              What the hell was I thinking?
              Stroke's no joke buddy.
              "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
                Stroke's no joke buddy.
                Neither is YOUR MOM'S SPROT!

Comment

Originally posted by TYVEK View Post
                  no thanks, there are already enough silly so called sports in the olympics as it is now.
                  You took the words right out of my mouth.
                  Disc golf is a fun GAME.
                  It is not in any way interesting, or athletic enough to qualify as something for the Olympics.

Comment

Need more curling in the Olympic's, loooooove it.

Comment

Need at least 50 countries participating to get in the Summer Olympics. We're around 25 now. We have a much better chance getting in the Winter Olympics playing at night with glow discs and LEDs everywhere on discs, baskets, course and people so it would look cool on primetime TV coverage.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Kennedy View Post
                        Need at least 50 countries participating to get in the Summer Olympics. We're around 25 now. We have a much better chance getting in the Winter Olympics playing at night with glow discs and LEDs everywhere on discs, baskets, course and people so it would look cool on primetime TV coverage.
                        On ice.

Get some brooms in there and we are golden. More athletic and all.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                          The conversation that DG belongs in the Olympics makes me chuckle every time it comes up.

From the Olympic Sports wiki page: "A sport or discipline may be included in the Olympic program if the IOC determines that it is widely practiced around the world, that is, the number of countries and continents that regularly compete in a given sport is the indicator of the sport's prevalence."

Although DG is played sporatically throughout the world, the vast majority is played in the U.S. Even here, it would be a stretch to say the sprot is pevalant.
                          ^^ This, exactly. The IOC is not the least bit interested in allowing a 'sprot' that will be completely dominated by only one country. I'm down for some dodgeball, though.
                          Basket thieves

Comment

Originally posted by TYVEK View Post
                            sorry if i hurt your feelings, my comment had nothing to do with stirring stuff up or being nice or not being nice.
                            feelings not hurt (i'm a big girl, thank you very much) but i saw this discussion get pretty nasty on fb a few months ago and that's what your remark reminded me of...

... i do think for those people who are incredibly accomplished at this sport because of the hours of work and practice that they have put into it (no, i don't think it's "just a game") it's pretty insulting to indicate it doesn't take as much skill or athleticism as ping pong or rhythmic gymnastics.

and my mom thinks so, too.
                            "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                            Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce View Post
                              Need more curling in the Olympic's, loooooove it.
                              I absolutely love watching curling, once you pick up on the strategy, it's an incredibly fun spectator sport. I can't wait to see the competition for 2014 and I'm eager to see if the US curling team can finally put up a real challenge for team Canada.

Curling is no joke XD
                              PDGA: #32726 rating: 930 StumptownDG: #31, Trojan Nation: Tag# 06
                              dgcoursereview.com profile: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/profile.php?id=376

Comment

your mom overreacted.
                                This is quite offensive to me, because I don't think its fair to call it an overreaction that she shrieked in pain when I blasted a much larger hole in her with my ego-inflated cranium than what was there before.

I bet her prevalent sprot hurt for weeks.
                                We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X