X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hyzer flipping

So I have discovered that I can hyzer flip a distance driver (rhbh) farther than I have ever thrown before! This morning I got 480ft +\- 16ft acording to my gps app. Hole 16, red tee pad at white river. Its a 560ft par 4 with about a 20ft drop in elevation.
    I have always had control issues with realy flippy plastic, so I got a lat64 opto bolt and king. These are the 2 most flippy distance drivers on the market. I wouldnt even think about throwing these into a head wind, with tail wind they will travel a country mile!

I was throwing rhbh and with about 70 deg of hyzer, so almost flat to my knees!! The king is stil too flippy for me unless There is mass tail wind. The bolt is working great tho, however its useless for my lhfh, it almost flips up side down!
    After showing some local steili players how the bolt will fly for me, one went and got one too. If I can realy get a good solid rip on that bolt I do think that it is possible to reach 500ft.
    Hukin since 1992
    DGOD #115

Is their any other realy flipy distance drivers that is worth looking into?
    Hukin since 1992
    DGOD #115

Comment

valkery= hyzer flip world record (until last year when the record was broke)
      A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Originally posted by olydiscgolf View Post
        valkery= hyzer flip world record (until last year when the record was broke)
        No kidding? Funny I used to like the valk until I started throwing bosses and destroyers...
        I tried to throw a wahoo on a hyzer, but it flipped to a roller imediately
        Hukin since 1992
        DGOD #115

Comment

Originally posted by Mikk View Post
          No kidding? Funny I used to like the valk until I started throwing bosses and destroyers...
          I tried to throw a wahoo on a hyzer, but it flipped to a roller imediately
          I would guess (from your posts here) that the Valk would be too understable for you. But, if thrown right, it will go!

Comment

Halo = Same glide and speed as bolt, but more stable, hyzer @ 8 o'clock
            PDGA# 49616
            Stumptown# 353
            OTDG: Young Guns - SAT

Comment

So I have discovered that I can hyzer flip a distance driver (rhbh) farther than I have ever thrown before! This morning I got 480ft +\- 16ft acording to my gps app.
              What app do you use? I've been using Udisc and I've found it to be really inconsistant.

Comment

Originally posted by mudkip View Post
                What app do you use? I've been using Udisc and I've found it to be really inconsistant.
                look for free pedometer on app store for ifone, has alot of handy features and mapping...
                Hukin since 1992
                DGOD #115

Comment

Originally posted by jdinteg View Post
                  Halo = Same glide and speed as bolt, but more stable, hyzer @ 8 o'clock
                  I had a Halo, darn thing would sneak outa my grip every time, so I gave it away..
                  Hukin since 1992
                  DGOD #115

Comment

Here is a couple of vids I shot this morning... The last drive on the 2nd video was about 413ft with a 168 pinnacle cannon

http://youtu.be/WYiRGLjxZeo

http://youtu.be/jOtRQCmL_j8
                    Hukin since 1992
                    DGOD #115

Comment

Unfortunately the wind this morning was realy killing my drives, so not my best.
                      Hukin since 1992
                      DGOD #115

Comment

nice dirives ~

and very interesting shoes
                        my grandson says they are for dancing
                        What brand of shoe are they?

Comment

Originally posted by drkstr View Post
                          nice dirives ~

and very interesting shoes
                          my grandson says they are for dancing
                          What brand of shoe are they?
                          Nike ball golf shoes, ebay 20$. I removed the rubber cleats, and they are water proof.
                          Hukin since 1992
                          DGOD #115

Comment

flipping is so much cooler than fliping
                            "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                            Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Nike ball golf shoes, ebay 20$. I removed the rubber cleats, and they are water proof.
                              Why did you remove the rubber cleats?