X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm I a bagger?

I just won my first tournament it was an intermediate doubles tournament and was called a bagger. In my first 4 tournaments I played advanced And finished middle of the pack in all. I don't know my rating, I just signed up with PDGA(57800) so when we decided to play in a doubles tournament we chose to play intermediate My doubles partner is no dought intermediate. our thought was we can get killed in am1 or we can play relaxed, have fun(#1 rule of disc golf) and maybe compete to win.

I am interested in your opinions, thanks.

If you plan on playing PDGA sanctioned events then play Intermediate until your rating forces you to move up. Otherwise, ignore the haters.

However, if you don't play sanctioned events and you stay in lower divisions killing everyone... then yeah, you're a bagger.
    "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

^ this
      "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
      -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

I hereby order you to relax Sir Blatt. You guys did great and won the tourney fair and square! Now test your skills in April Fools Doubles in Advanced!
        Innova Champion Discs
        Discmania
        huk lab
        Keen Footwear
        Grip EQ Disc Golf Bags
        Stimpi Ridge Disc Golf in Spokane, WA
        Play it Again Sports Corvallis and Eugene

Comment

it's an unfortunate aspect of disc golf culture that if you win an event you get called a bagger... i won my first pdga event by two strokes and was called a bagger... i had an 878 rating (pdga guidelines say that the "average female pro is rated 900+) and finally succumbed to peer pressure and moved up to pro after only playing 4 events as an am... it's a vicious circle... i was winning events by huge margins, not because i was a bagger, but because the girls i was playing against in advanced had been called baggers in intermediate so they moved up... when really they should have just stayed and competed in intermediate where their ratings dictated they play, but no one likes to be called a cheater and a poor sport (which is what i feel people were saying to me when the called me a bagger)... i moved up happily because i knew i wasn't going to be playing out of the state much... but when i play a major or NT... i sure as hell don't feel like a pro... i feel like a really lucky, better than average disc golfer who is getting to play the first round of the tournament with her idols...
          "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
          Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

I find accusations of bagging are most easily avoided by being consistently terrible and never winning. That's just my approach though.

Comment

Integrity rules

Typically your innerds should guide you..... if you're paying attention to them.
              True sandbaggers always become obvious after time.
              He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
              - Anonymous

Comment

Agreeing with jeff and Emma consider it a compliment it's just ppl who just lost feeling better by trying to bring you down in a moment of victory which all should agree its pretty messed up. It bugged me a lot when I started I mean like hurt my feelings bugged me but after talking to ppl I look up to like Brody miller and Sean Phillips yes you too jeff.... It's what you wanna take it as an insult or a compliment. Like Arnold schwarzenegger said in his six secrets to succes (#4 dont listen to the ney sayers) which I'd advise anybody wanting to up there game listen to it on YouTube close ur eyes and listen it will change ur game as it did mine and my sisters. If I had listened to the neysayers I would have moved up after my second year but in my heart I felt I still wasn't ready and after this last weekend at the brawl II showed I still wasn't ready so take our words for it don't move up till u know ur ready.

*trust yourself
                *break the rules
                *dont be afraid to fail
                *dont listen to the neysayers
                *work your butt off
                *give back

I live and follow my game by these six secrets
                Maybe it will help yours

Comment

to make myself clear...

i actually DON'T think it's a compliment and really wish people wouldn't do it.
                  "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                  Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Originally posted by NAVA50383 View Post
                    Agreeing with jeff and Emma consider it a compliment it's just ppl who just lost feeling better by trying to bring you down in a moment of victory which all should agree its pretty messed up. It bugged me a lot when I started I mean like hurt my feelings bugged me but after talking to ppl I look up to like Brody miller and Sean Phillips yes you too jeff.... It's what you wanna take it as an insult or a compliment. Like Arnold schwarzenegger said in his six secrets to succes (#4 dont listen to the ney sayers) which I'd advise anybody wanting to up there game listen to it on YouTube close ur eyes and listen it will change ur game as it did mine and my sisters. If I had listened to the neysayers I would have moved up after my second year but in my heart I felt I still wasn't ready and after this last weekend at the brawl II showed I still wasn't ready so take our words for it don't move up till u know ur ready.

*trust yourself
                    *break the rules
                    *dont be afraid to fail
                    *dont listen to the neysayers
                    *work your butt off
                    *give back

I live and follow my game by these six secrets
                    Maybe it will help yours
                    If you follow rule number 2 you could be the worst player ever yet still win pro. Just make sure you are the one keeping score.

Comment

A lot of people who call people Sand Baggers wish they could be in that position. (aka the big green monster) It's called being the best in your division. If a player is not breaking any rule the PDGA sets when signing up for a division then there should be no issues.

Comment

Yeah but u know there always gonna be those ppl out there

Comment

Originally posted by loki View Post
                          If you follow rule number 2 you could be the worst player ever yet still win pro. Just make sure you are the one keeping score.
                          Did u actually listen to the YouTube clip?

Comment

Yes I watcher the video almost immediately. Those 6 ideas I can take straight to course use them in golf and in life. I plan on making rule number 5 my #1 rule.

Comment

bag with pride

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X