Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok so I can throw my backhand about 280-320 feet. I only throw overhand when I need to. My problem is there are times that I need my disc to curve to the right. Right now all that I can throw is a thumbed for that. And yes my elbow is all messed up from that. I was just wounds ring what would be a food disc to use for that. It really make me mad because my wife can throw a great forehand and she uses a Blitz. One other thing is I forgot to add a few other discs to my list that I have. Epic, quasar, and a Orc. The epic is decently stable enough but it just don't feel right. I think the quasar I don't have enough power to throw it forearm yet. Should I get like a eagle or a banchee?

Comment

the epic is too gimmicky. ditch it.

i've never heard of, nor thrown, some of the discs you speak of (a blitz?)...

i don't have a great forehand, so i can't give you much advice there... it does seem to me, tho, that anything i can throw backhand, i can also throw forehand... and that my bag is fairly similar to that of people who throw forehand... maybe just try your regular driver?

i tend to rely on an anhyzer much more than a forehand when i'm looking for that left to right shot... i've got a 159g mamba, a 140something opto diamond light, i can annie my 159g glow leopard and any of my other midranges and also my putter...

look into some flippy plastic if you're not having much luck with the forehand... not that i'm saying you shouldn't develop it as a shot. i work on it and wish i had a better forehand... but i'm much more comfortable and get waaaaaaaayyy more distance throwing back hand.
      "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
      Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Originally posted by Josh Heideman View Post
        Ok so I can throw my backhand about 280-320 feet. I only throw overhand when I need to. My problem is there are times that I need my disc to curve to the right. Right now all that I can throw is a thumbed for that. And yes my elbow is all messed up from that. I was just wounds ring what would be a food disc to use for that. It really make me mad because my wife can throw a great forehand and she uses a Blitz. One other thing is I forgot to add a few other discs to my list that I have. Epic, quasar, and a Orc. The epic is decently stable enough but it just don't feel right. I think the quasar I don't have enough power to throw it forearm yet. Should I get like a eagle or a banchee?
        You need both on the course. A RH forehand is great for a low line shot with a hard right turn or skip, I use my XXX, Trident, Nuke OS for these. A RH backhand turnover is needed for a long slow turn to the right (Hole 12 & 13 @ Stub) I use my Fuse mid, Vision, or hard snap on anhyzer with a River. The Blitz is a great forehand disc Flight #s (Speed 11 Glide 3 Turn 0 Fade 4). Download gotta go gotta throw flight chart and learn to read it if you want a universal flight chart for all discs.

http://www.gottagogottathrow.com/dis...8her49f4hj72l7

Or if you have a favorite disc manufacturer, use their flight chart. Innova, Discraft, Westside, Latitude 64, and the many others all have one. I use several when deciding on a purchase or how to address a particularly tough shot I need to work on.
        PDGA# 49616
        Stumptown# 353
        OTDG: Young Guns - SAT

Comment

Well a few weeks ago my Wife and kids had me meet them at Olympic Disc, after work one day. My 9 year old says I'm getting this disc. I looked at it and said Oh wow a 13 speed, let me check your mussels lol. Any way it's a Quamtom Quassar max weight. AND I LOVE THIS DISC FOREHAND! I'm getting about 220-280 feet with no effort. Now what I have to do is somehow talk him out of it an take him to go get some other new disc.

Next disc I want is a latitude 64 gold line XXX for my utility disc forearm, thumbed, tomahawk, and even backhand.

Comment

I used to throw FH and Tomahawk dominant for 4 years or so. I didn't hurt my elbow/shoulder any more than I hurt my back throwing backhand now. Don't try for 350ft overhand (even if you know you can throw it) and you'll be ok with proper stretching and technique; same goes for Forehand. I started with a teebird and eagle, moved up to wraith, and eventually a tee-rex for my forehand (kept the eagle for tomahawks). I've moved away from it almost completely at this point but picked up a dominator recently to put that back in my long game (still toss monster, orc for mid mid-long forehands).

I also do a lot of light lifting that targets shoulder/chest muscles (old football injury in non throwing shoulder). A lot of disc golfers don't "train" for our sport and that increases injury, especially overhand and poor form throwing big.
            FORE! Youth 2011 http://www.discgolfscene.com/tournam...RE_Youth_2011/

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
            Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X