X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cha Cha Changes

With the work put into Stub Stewart DGC fairly recently(thank you for the effort), it is much much easier to play. But with all B locations, you need a spotter on most holes, just in case.

I don't wanna sound like I'm whining here but it'd sure be nice to change it up and do some A locations. Maybe every other hole? Maybe leave a key for the rangers to do it every couple months to take the stress off others?

Like I said, Stub is growing on me for sure but how bout a little A love after the Slosh.

I know there's some people that want a couple decent birds!

*** posted on stub page but only got views, zero responses.... want some feedback!
    Last edited by dg_junkie; February 17th, 2013, 01:12 AM. Reason: added info

I like it in the longs, Carded around 4-6 birdies as an intermediate player both rounds combined. The shorts would have possibly helped me save par on all my bogey and double bogey holes. Spotter is needed on #2,3,4,and maybe a few others. Very fun and really tough right now. I don't want it easier, I want to learn to play it better, smarter, and with less mistakes. There is very few courses where 1000 level players struggle to get at or below par. Stub makes me play smart, or suffer the consequences.
    PDGA# 49616
    Stumptown# 353
    OTDG: Young Guns - SAT

Comment

Originally posted by jdinteg View Post
      I like it in the longs, Carded around 4-6 birdies as an intermediate player both rounds combined. The shorts would have possibly helped me save par on all my bogey and double bogey holes. Spotter is needed on #2,3,4,and maybe a few others. Very fun and really tough right now. I don't want it easier, I want to learn to play it better, smarter, and with less mistakes. There is very few courses where 1000 level players struggle to get at or below par. Stub makes me play smart, or suffer the consequences.
      I agree with a lot of what you're saying Josh. I enjoy the challenge of mastering B as well but the course has A placements so I'm just saying, aren't we do for changing it up a bit?

I didn't mean that there weren't a few easy birds, especially right off the bat with hole 1 but for the exact reason you said, it'd be nice to have a couple extra opportunities with the difficulty of the back 9.

I'm not even saying go all A locations, just a little shake up. And the beauty is, it can be changed back!

Comment

Originally posted by dg_junkie View Post
        I agree with a lot of what you're saying Josh. I enjoy the challenge of mastering B as well but the course has A placements so I'm just saying, aren't we do for changing it up a bit?

I didn't mean that there weren't a few easy birds, especially right off the bat with hole 1 but for the exact reason you said, it'd be nice to have a couple extra opportunities with the difficulty of the back 9.

I'm not even saying go all A locations, just a little shake up. And the beauty is, it can be changed back!
        Currently I believe Stub is still in the Slosh #3 layout below (Taken from Flash's post on Slosh strand)

Hole 1: Long
        Hole 2: Long
        Hole 3: Short <------
        Hole 4: Long
        Hole 5: Short <------
        Hole 6: Long
        Hole 7: Short <------
        Hole 8: Long
        Hole 9: Long
        Hole 10: Short <------
        Hole 11: Only 1 placement
        Hole 12: Only 1 placement
        Hole 13: Only 1 placement
        Hole 14: Short <------
        Hole 15: Long
        Hole 16: Only 1 placement
        Hole 17: Only 1 placement
        Hole 18: Only 1 placement

Seems like a pretty good mix.
        PDGA# 49616
        Stumptown# 353
        OTDG: Young Guns - SAT

Comment

the rangers do have the keys.

it was in the shorts for a quite some time... got changed to all long for the dgod triples event in november and then just recently was mixed up a bit (some long, some short) for the slosh...
          "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
          Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Originally posted by jdinteg View Post
            Currently I believe Stub is still in the Slosh #3 layout below (Taken from Flash's post on Slosh strand)

Hole 1: Long
            Hole 2: Long
            Hole 3: Short <------
            Hole 4: Long
            Hole 5: Short <------
            Hole 6: Long
            Hole 7: Short <------
            Hole 8: Long
            Hole 9: Long
            Hole 10: Short <------
            Hole 11: Only 1 placement
            Hole 12: Only 1 placement
            Hole 13: Only 1 placement
            Hole 14: Short <------
            Hole 15: Long
            Hole 16: Only 1 placement
            Hole 17: Only 1 placement
            Hole 18: Only 1 placement

Seems like a pretty good mix.
            So it changed for Slosh... I was there a week ago and unless I'm crazy, it was all long.

I agree that it's a good mix if those are the placements. Thank you for the clarification Josh.

********DEAD THREAD*********

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
            Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X