Who does custom stamped discs? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Who does custom stamped discs?

    I have a Star Orc that I'd love to turn into the white Orc from the Hobbit. Yup, I'm a nerd. Deal with it!

  • #2
    Are you looking for a hot stamp? Or just a Dyed disc?
    All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

    Comment


    • #3
      Do you want something like this dyed on it? http://25.media.tumblr.com/62646fe29...do1_r1_500.png
      All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Trozzle!!! View Post
        Do you want something like this dyed on it? http://25.media.tumblr.com/62646fe29...do1_r1_500.png
        YESS!

        What's the difference in hot stamp and dye?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by dg_junkie View Post
          YESS!

          What's the difference in hot stamp and dye?
          Hot Stamping is a process done at the factory that puts a standard stamp on a disc. On a regular disc, the company and disc name is put on with a hot stamp. If it is a special tournament disc, that image is applied via hot stamping. These are typically one color. This process is used to make many discs with the same design.

          Disc Dying is an after-market customization. It involves cutting a design on a vinyl mask, applying it to a disc, and soaking it in a dye solution. Custom dyes can be one or multiple colors. This process is typically to make one disc with a custom design.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Scott View Post
            Hot Stamping is a process done at the factory that puts a standard stamp on a disc. On a regular disc, the company and disc name is put on with a hot stamp. If it is a special tournament disc, that image is applied via hot stamping. These are typically one color. This process is used to make many discs with the same design.

            Disc Dying is an after-market customization. It involves cutting a design on a vinyl mask, applying it to a disc, and soaking it in a dye solution. Custom dyes can be one or multiple colors. This process is typically to make one disc with a custom design.
            Holy informative. Thanks Scott!

            Looks like my intention is disc dying.

            Comment


            • #7
              DiscAddiction...

              Not sure where you are located, but check out Disc Addiction. They are based out of Oak Harbor, but mail discs also and go to many tourneys all over the region. They, well she, does GREAT work. I'll post a pic of my Gollum disc I had made at a tourney soon.
              -

              Comment


              • #8
                See if can find Andy Mann he does great work he uses a plotter also

                Comment


                • #9
                  this is a brilliant dye idea robby

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Simmeltron View Post
                    Not sure where you are located, but check out Disc Addiction. They are based out of Oak Harbor, but mail discs also and go to many tourneys all over the region. They, well she, does GREAT work. I'll post a pic of my Gollum disc I had made at a tourney soon.
                    Cool beans. I sent her a message. Thank ya!

                    I'm in the Portland area by the way.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by NAVA50383 View Post
                      See if can find Andy Mann he does great work he uses a plotter also
                      PM me with the info when ya got it. Thanks!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Simmeltron View Post
                        Not sure where you are located, but check out Disc Addiction. They are based out of Oak Harbor, but mail discs also and go to many tourneys all over the region. They, well she, does GREAT work. I'll post a pic of my Gollum disc I had made at a tourney soon.
                        second this emotion ^^^. ten bucks for black dyes + 3 bucks shipping and the work is outstanding.
                        "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                        Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Danni did a flamingo on my wifes pink diamond
                          Awesome

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by dg_junkie View Post
                            Cool beans. I sent her a message. Thank ya!

                            I'm in the Portland area by the way.
                            You can also look up Chadwick on this forum...lives in Gresham area and can dye a disc $10. Chadwick started Acerbinky Disc Golf Club... web site www.abdiscgolf.com

                            Kevin

                            TD The Dabney Doubles

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              *GOLLUM!*

                              Here's the Gollum she did... it was actually out of her book of ready templates she could do on the fly. If I remember correctly, I think she might have actually had a template for an Orc even but I'm not positive.
                              -

                              Comment

                              Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X