X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Par golf

So i think i'm stuck in a rut lately. For about the last 2 weeks i have been playing par golf, no birdies, no bogies, just taking my par and going to the next t-pad. Its not that i'm complaining but a birdy or 2 would be nice!
    Ever sence i slowed down my run up, and stoped trying to "crush it" off the t-pad its been nothing but par golf. Even when i played nad, all baskets in the long positions, it was par golf!
    Usualy my drive is just short enough that it keeps me out of putting distance, so i'm left with a lay-up mid range or fairway shot. Aint had an ace sence 11-30-2012!!
    However i have been getting better at my mid/fairway lay-up shots and ud shots ;-)
    Hukin since 1992
    DGOD #115

Par is a rut I will gladly be in

Comment

I'll take par golf any time.

It seems that it isn't a rut but rather consistency. That is not a bad thing. I would kill for some consistency in my rounds.
      "Love is not primarily a relationship to a specific person. Love is an attitude, an ordination of character which determines the relatedness of the person to the whole world as a whole, not toward one object of love.

Comment

^^^ yup. good golf can be boring golf. i'd say consistency is way better than spraying drives and running too many putts and ending up at par some other way than... well... getting all pars.
        "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
        Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

a wise player once told me to play for the threes and the twos will come. doesn't work for me (bogey bogey bogey), but i see the logic in it.

Comment

So this changed when you stopped trying to crush it. Makes sense. You're taking less risks, so getting few birds. On the other hand, I'd be willing to bet you're taking fewer bogeys, too.

Comment

Sean gets lots of bogies, I see it all the time. Just yesterday,... yeah,.. that's the ticket,....

Comment

golf is just one of those games...the better you get, the less you get to play...what's with that...
                educate your thinking

Comment

Par golf is good but you have to get the birdies that "should" be made. Take Seatac for instance, I would love for pars on most holes, but I want at least a birdie look on 1,5 and 10. with a good drive 2,3,9 and 13 are also birdies that I may not expect, but a solid drive on any of those will yield an attempt at birdie. A consistent par on a 400' hole is good, a consistent par on a 175' hole is not so good (both holes having a medium degree of difficulty). Just my thoughts on par golf

Comment

Come to think it may be that i play at 730 in the morning, so nobody else to play against. No compitition....... And ya getting par on a 175 ft hole is silly :-)
                    Hukin since 1992
                    DGOD #115

Comment

Originally posted by Sanchez View Post
                      Sean gets lots of bogies, I see it all the time. Just yesterday,... yeah,.. that's the ticket,....
                      like i stated earlier- play for the threes and the fives will come...

Comment

My sympathies on your ace "drought" are limited, I've been patiently for 8 years now to get an ace. :/
                        PDGA: #32726 rating: 930 StumptownDG: #31, Trojan Nation: Tag# 06
                        dgcoursereview.com profile: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/profile.php?id=376

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua Olmsted View Post
                          My sympathies on your ace "drought" are limited, I've been patiently for 8 years now to get an ace. :/
                          Agreed and feel your pain. 6 years for me. Every one of my buddies has one but I and it drives me bonkers. Soooo many close calls but no cigar.

Comment

Soooo many close calls but no cigar. [/QUOTE]

I had a good cigar today, but no ace. BTW, it took me 12 years to get my first one. I hope you have quicker luck.
                            Basket thieves

Comment

Run that shit everytime!!!!! ok, Maybe thats why I am still AM after playing 10 years. No Guts, No Glory!!! For me its all guts and no Glory. ok. 2 Rec wins and 1 AM win.
                              All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X