X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trozzle!!! View Post
    Run that shit everytime!!!!! ok, Maybe thats why I am still AM after playing 10 years. No Guts, No Glory!!! For me its all guts and no Glory. ok. 2 Rec wins and 1 AM win.
    Yup, i went back to running the basket, i have been -4 with 2 bogies, and almost took a par 4 hole in 2!!
    Hukin since 1992
    DGOD #115

Comment

Originally posted by dg_junkie View Post
      Agreed and feel your pain. 6 years for me. Every one of my buddies has one but I and it drives me bonkers. Soooo many close calls but no cigar.
      I played tourney golf for 17 years with NO aces. I said screw this and started throwing for chains. This got me 50 aces, 25 of those were in 2012. However my overall game suffered. I have been trying to find a balance between tourney golf and running the chains, so far i have no luck doing this.......
      Hukin since 1992
      DGOD #115

Comment

I'm trying to practice my putting everyday (Outdoors when dry, damp, or just cold. Garage when heavy rain or dark). The birds seem much easier at 20-40' now, but I know the moment I slack off it becomes a battle again. I still like to hit trees off the tee pad though, so I have been adding in field practice 1-2 days a week too. It's hard for me to put away my Halo/Flow/Villain and use my fairway drivers and mids in the field. I have a tendency to want to beat my last long drive, which never helps improve my tight line tree shots I struggle to make.
        PDGA# 49616
        Stumptown# 353
        OTDG: Young Guns - SAT

Comment

Originally posted by jdinteg View Post
          I'm trying to practice my putting everyday (Outdoors when dry, damp, or just cold. Garage when heavy rain or dark). The birds seem much easier at 20-40' now, but I know the moment I slack off it becomes a battle again. I still like to hit trees off the tee pad though, so I have been adding in field practice 1-2 days a week too. It's hard for me to put away my Halo/Flow/Villain and use my fairway drivers and mids in the field. I have a tendency to want to beat my last long drive, which never helps improve my tight line tree shots I struggle to make.
          About this time last year I took all the high speed drivers out of my bag, except for one that I dedicated to only throwing forehand with, for the first two months or so of the 'dryer' season. It really helped improve my game, and made me trust and believe in that fairway game. When you don't have the high speed plastic to default to, you trust other aspects of your game.

Comment

Fully agree,
            I took out all but 1-halo for high speed back hand head wind, forehand distance, or must fade left shot, and 1- Nuke OS for hurricane winds or forehand/backhand trick shots. Half the time in a field I only gain 20' with the 13 speed over the 9 speed discs. But the 13 speed is unpredictable, and usually has a wild skip too.
            PDGA# 49616
            Stumptown# 353

Comment

YES!!^^^^ I recently started forcing myself to throw fairway drivers over high speed distance discs and it has helped my game a ton. Loving my River and Leopard from NAAC. Picked up a Champ Eagle and Teebird since then and they are money.

Comment

Par golf on most decent courses is around 950 rated golf. If that's higher than your rating par golf is probably a pretty good plan.
                Read this ^

Comment

Originally posted by InfamousButcher View Post
                  YES!!^^^^ I recently started forcing myself to throw fairway drivers over high speed distance discs and it has helped my game a ton. Loving my River and Leopard from NAAC. Picked up a Champ Eagle and Teebird since then and they are money.
                  Yes,
                  River, Saint, & Striker fairway drivers for 75-80% of my drives now. The longer the fairway, especially par 4s and 5s, the more reluctant I am to grab the big driver. So many times I throw my speed 13 discs off the tee pad to create a big skip or wild shot that forces a more difficult upshot or second shot scenario. But straight down a narrow fairway to an open putt or second shot is so much easier to deal with. I hope this season I will think harder instead of work harder.
                  PDGA# 49616
                  Stumptown# 353

Comment

You should have started with "Aint had an ace sence 11-30-2012!!"

Then I could have just stopped reading your post right then.

Please. Come back and post when you have an actual disc golf problem.
                    Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                    Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                    Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                    Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                    Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                    Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X