Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heh, sorry, forgot to mention the pay-to-play aspect. I think it was only $6 back when I played it, but yeah, well worth the $10 in my opinion. Also, I played it when it was just a few months old, the fairways were next to non-existant, the rough was waist high grass with chest-high thistles, and every so often, you'd hear a distinctive rattle at you as you were stomping around looking for a disc. And I still loved it!

Glad you got a chance to play it and found it to be worth the trip!
    Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

I'm headed south -- but not THAT far south -- this week.

I'm hoping to hit Whistler's Bend and Tom Pearce on Thursday before stopping in Medford or Yreka, then maybe Anderson River Park on Friday.
      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Sylmar is awesome, too! Not AS awesome as Casitas but that is a fun little course. Good mix of forehand/backhand shots. Good use of elevation. 3 pin placements for every hole. A well-stocked pro shop that Steve Rico his brother and Gary Sandoval run. Friendly locals. I ended up staying there until about 1:30 and am saving Dodger Stadium for a future trip.

So... Casitas = great.
        Veteran's Memorial = pretty great.
        Conejoy YMCA = big fat turd.

Pics coming tomorrow.
        ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
        ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

OK... so it took a few days, but here are the pics:

http://www.nwdiscgolfnews.com/forum/...php?albumid=10

I need a better camera.
          ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Wife and I hit Casitas this morning. Sam is right, this is an awesome course. Its mostly in the short position right now, I'd love to play it in the long. The first guy we ran into asked if we were there for the "monthly", and I said no that we were visiting from Portland, Oregon. He was amazed, and said wow there was a guy here last week from Portland. I said yes, that would have been Sam. YOU KNOW SAM? I had to admit that I did and that was a friend. The group let us jump into the middle of them and there wasn't a problem waiting on tee's. We did get heckled for being Blazer fans so had to ask.........Kobe who? Anyway a great course with elevation changes at almost every hole. We had a lot of fun and I was actually excited about my first bald head sunburn of the year.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
              OK... so it took a few days, but here are the pics:

http://www.nwdiscgolfnews.com/forum/...php?albumid=10

I need a better camera.
              In all my videos I have used the Canon Powershoot 1100 IS *image stablizer*. Easyyyyy to use and easy to transfer to computer. Worth every cent in it's video and picture quality for a camera.

Comment

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
                The first guy we ran into asked if we were there for the "monthly", and I said no that we were visiting from Portland, Oregon. He was amazed, and said wow there was a guy here last week from Portland. I said yes, that would have been Sam. YOU KNOW SAM? I had to admit that I did and that was a friend. The group let us jump into the middle of them and there wasn't a problem...
                Wow! You admitted that I was a friend and they STILL let you play with them?!

Glad you got to run into the same awesome locals that I ran into. Those were some good folks right there. Also glad you got a chance to play this beautiful course. Talk about DG road trips... October at Casitas, baby!!
                ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                  Talk about DG road trips... October at Casitas, baby!!
                  Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh Coyote Classic! After playing a casual round all I could think about was how much I'd love to play a Tournament Round there. There are definetely some sic, sic shots out there and yet some good birdie shots available too. When the guys mentioned the Coyote the first thing my wife said was, "we need to talk to Sam and Jamie". I should be able to get a few pics up later today.

Bob

Comment

Hole 1 Casitas:

Mando through arch of tree:

Sic shot off the tee under LOW branches:

Bob

Comment

You have a MUCH better camera than I do.
                      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Ahhh, gotta love SoCal in the wintertime--the one time of year when you actually see GREEN. Is it just the angle of the shot, or is the water hazard on #1 dried up now?

Comment

Looks like a fun course. Too bad my one SoCal friend moved to Cape Cod...
                          Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                            Ahhh, gotta love SoCal in the wintertime--the one time of year when you actually see GREEN. Is it just the angle of the shot, or is the water hazard on #1 dried up now?
                            The lake is dropped right now, drying up the water hazard.

Bob

Comment

Right. You can walk across it right now, though they did get two docks from the lake that they modified to make a bridge so you can walk across it at any time.
                              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Ahh, that kinda sucks. Still a great course I'm sure, but the water definitely adds to the experience. When I played, the pin was in a different spot, so it should have been a natural easy hyzer. Instead, my first shot of the day (with no warming up and a sorry ass backhand game), I aired it out, nose up, stalled, and dove downwards There was a kid sitting on the bridge fishing, my disc sailed right over his head and SPLOOSH! I think it scared him almost as much as it scared me.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X