Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YESSSS... *telling the family, roaddd tripppp*

Comment

Plans firmed.
      Tomorrow is Casitas for a round or two in the afternoon.
      Monday will be Sylmar and/or Oak Grove in Pasadena and/or Chavez Ridge - all depending on time, of course.

Will grab a camera and take pictures.
      ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
        Plans firmed.
        Tomorrow is Casitas for a round or two in the afternoon.
        Monday will be Sylmar and/or Oak Grove in Pasadena and/or Chavez Ridge - all depending on time, of course.

Will grab a camera and take pictures.
        I was really close to playing Oak Grove a couple of years ago, but my plans changed and I had to hop a plane home at the last minute. Really wanted to play the course where it all began.

Comment

Truthfully, I will probably save that course for a trip with Jamie as it is said to be the first ever course. Sylmar/Dodger Stadium seems more realistic as I have a flight to catch around 5pm.
          ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

I played Casitas and De La last August and, surprise surprise, I enjoyed Casitas (Casitas has a very good "top of the world" hole). Have fun.

Comment

Truthfully, I will probably save that course for a trip with Jamie as it is said to be the first ever course. Sylmar/Dodger Stadium seems more realistic as I have a flight to catch around 5pm.
              Monday? Dodger Stadium to LAX for a 5pm flight?

Your gonna have to leave by NOON.....and it only like 20 miles away.

Comment

I figure I will leave Westlake Village by 6:30 and be to Sylmar by 7:30 - maybe earlier. A round there and to Dodger Stadium by noon. A quick round there and to the airport by 4. It could happen...
                ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

I figure I will leave Westlake Village by 6:30 and be to Sylmar by 7:30 - maybe earlier. A round there and to Dodger Stadium by noon. A quick round there and to the airport by 4. It could happen...
                  Maybe, IF you stay away from the 101/134 fwy and go back to the 26 to 118 thru Simi Valley on the way to Sylmar.....from Sylmar take the 210 to the 2 to Stadium Way.......THEN figure out HOW to beat the traffic to LAX THRU downtown LA.

Hint....KFWB Radio AM 980..Traffic every 10 mins...helps to avoid the bIG crashes and closures.

Comment

I'm totally going through Simi Valley. I get to wave at the Reagan library on my way by.
                    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

I played Coyote Springs at Lake Casitas on Friday. All I can say is, if you have not been there, you are missing out. Incredible scenery, amazing terrain, a beautifully maintained and clean course, a lot of elevation changes, three pin placements for each hole and great folks out there. I ran into the course designer and a couple of his buddies and they graciously showed me around the course and provided a lot of background information on the course, the club and a lot more. Great folks and I will be back there as often as I can. I took a lot of pictures and will post those on Friday.

I was itching for some golf so I went to the YMCA in Thousand Oaks and this is one that can be skipped. Baskets constructed of rebar and plastic chains that break more often than catch. One basket had no chains (good thing I parked this doozy of a hole at 185 feet for the drop-in). I did get some safari in that made it more fun and I had the entire place to myself but this didn't make it much better.

Tomorrow it is Sylmar and Chavez Ridge before the flight home.
                      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

I played Coyote Springs at Lake Casitas on Friday. All I can say is, if you have not been there, you are missing out. Incredible scenery, amazing terrain, a beautifully maintained and clean course, a lot of elevation changes, three pin placements for each hole and great folks out there. I ran into the course designer and a couple of his buddies and they graciously showed me around the course and provided a lot of background information on the course, the club and a lot more. Great folks and I will be back there as often as I can. I took a lot of pictures and will post those on Friday.
                        I'll be there next Saturday. We have to be in Santa Barbara for a funeral on Friday and not returning home until Sunday so that gives us day for some golf. Woohoooo! Can't wait!

Bob

Comment

$10 car fee to get in the park, Bob. I found this out on my way to the course (Thanks, Jordan!). I was hesitant and almost changed my plans but I am VERY glad that I didn't. I would have paid $20 for the two rounds I got in.

Consequently, this might explain the low population of riff-raff and the cleanliness of the course. I didn't see any bottles or cans tied together hanging from trees and when I told the guys I was playing with about this phenomenon, they were a little stunned.
                          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

$10 car fee to get in the park, Bob. I found this out on my way to the course (Thanks, Jordan!). I was hesitant and almost changed my plans but I am VERY glad that I didn't. I would have paid $20 for the two rounds I got in.

Consequently, this might explain the low population of riff-raff and the cleanliness of the course. I didn't see any bottles or cans tied together hanging from trees and when I told the guys I was playing with about this phenomenon, they were a little stunned.
                            Yeah, I already did my research and know about the fee. That's ok, from everything I've heard it will be well worth it. How long till Oregon State Parks are that high? Probably not all that long is my guess.

Bob

Comment

The beautiful thing about this - the course designer was telling me - is that the lake is starting to make money off of the course and many Ventrua Disc Golf club members buy the yearly pass at $120. There are literally thousands of acres of land there and it should not be long before the lake approves another 18 hole course. And then maybe another.

And there is camping there.

Have I mentioned how much I enjoyed this course?
                              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

The beautiful thing about this - the course designer was telling me - is that the lake is starting to make money off of the course and many Ventrua Disc Golf club members buy the yearly pass at $120. There are literally thousands of acres of land there and it should not be long before the lake approves another 18 hole course. And then maybe another.

And there is camping there.

Have I mentioned how much I enjoyed this course?
                                Go there in October and there will be more tarantulas than there are people. Chris saw 5 walking around the fairways in one round back in the '06 Coyote Classic!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X