X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to stay?

Heading down to Portland this weekend (Friday through Tuesday) to do nothing but play golf. The problem I'm having is finding accommodations that put me near all the golf without being straight downtown. I was thinking I might use the Super 8 in Gresham as a base point for disc golf operations.

The courses we are planning on playing are as follows:
    Milo
    Trojan
    Pier
    Rooster
    Hornings
    Timber on the way back to Spokane.

Any tips on where to stay that would be cheap (trying to do this all on a super budget) would be greatly appreciated.

Look forward to seeing you all on the fairways!
    "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
    Cleveland Brown

I'm no help with accomodations but if you will be playing Horning's I hear it is reasonably close to LL Stub Stewart State Park and there is a great course there that I did get to play. Worth the side trip I think. I didn't make it to Horning's though.

Check out the Cascade Barrel House though while your there. There's a ton of great beer all over Portland but yournot gonna find anything else like it. If you find you don't like they styles there then head across the street to the Green Dragon taproom. Just my 2 cents. Have fun.

Comment

Should be super good times, I'm looking forward to trying out all the dank beer down there as well.
      Cleveland Brown

Comment

Pretty sure if you stay at the Super 8 you are really close to Blue Lake, I'd play Timber the same day you play Milo also, being 5 minutes apart and all!

Oh and Timber will be hard to play Saturday/Sunday because of the Super Bowl Scramble being held there.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce View Post
          Pretty sure if you stay at the Super 8 you are really close to Blue Lake, I'd play Timber the same day you play Milo also, being 5 minutes apart and all!

Oh and Timber will be hard to play Saturday/Sunday because of the Super Bowl Scramble being held there.
          Super Bowl Scramble? What is this? Is the registration still open? I may be interested in playing
          Cleveland Brown

Comment

Sorry it's full.
            I called and double checked yesterday.

Comment

There's always camping at Milo or Horning's if you can brave the cold. Or you can rent a cabin at Stub and make a day out of Stub, Horning's, and Trojan then head east to stay in Gresham the next night. That would be a lot of golf in one day, but probably doable if you start early.

Comment

Check with Mcmenamins Edgefield in Troutdale. We've stayed there a bunch of times. It's european style with the bathrooms down the hall but they have reasonable rates and I think some cheaper rooms have bunk accomodations. There is a brewery on-site, bars, restaurants, winery, distillery, the list goes on and on. Close to Blue Lake and Dabney, and easy highway access to get you to Milo and Timber.
                I must sound like I work for their marketing dept. but we just really enjoy staying there. The girlfriend loves it. You should check it out.
                Basket thieves

Comment

Originally posted by jeffmonty View Post
                  Check with Mcmenamins Edgefield in Troutdale. We've stayed there a bunch of times. It's european style with the bathrooms down the hall but they have reasonable rates and I think some cheaper rooms have bunk accomodations. There is a brewery on-site, bars, restaurants, winery, distillery, the list goes on and on. Close to Blue Lake and Dabney, and easy highway access to get you to Milo and Timber.
                  I must sound like I work for their marketing dept. but we just really enjoy staying there. The girlfriend loves it. You should check it out.
                  Love that place! We have stayed there quite a few times, but staying on budget there is another story. That whole charge it to the room thing gets away from me.
                  A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Thanks for all the great tips guys, I will remember them for the next time. I did a nice thing and loaned my mother some money to get her car fixed which came out of my trip funds. So no road trip for me at the moment.
                    Cleveland Brown

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                    Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X