Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yauger Park (R.I.P)
    Woodland Creek Park
    Evergreen State College

We are happy to help the parks/ City/ State with picking up litter, but I will never vote to let our club take on scheduled trash responsibility. It's a disaster waiting to happen, as there is too much liability. What if someone dumps a meth lab on the property, I don't want our club responsible for cleaning that up. As long as we provide the course, the city/ parks will be responsible for the trash. We write it into the contract.
    A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Lake Stevens Disc Golf Course

Pack it in Pack it out!

There are 2 garbage cans near the parking lot for people to unload their bags, but nothing inside the course. The city will take care of the 2 garbage cans. It has been staying pretty clean lately. We keep garbage bags near hole 1 for the "occasional very cool person" who will carry it with them to clean the course during a round.

I personally think it looks trashy to have a bucket by each hole overflowing with beer bottles and cans. It seems if the park stays clean, people are better about packing their stuff out.

The groups I play with will always have a garbage bag to pick up any strays. Our rule is whoever drives closest to the pin on that hole, carries the bag for the remainder of the hole. It makes it kind of a pride thing to be able to carry the bag. I have played with Gilby at LS and he never had to carry the bag because he sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeStevensBA View Post
        Lake Stevens Disc Golf Course

The groups I play with will always have a garbage bag to pick up any strays. Our rule is whoever drives closest to the pin on that hole, carries the bag for the remainder of the hole. It makes it kind of a pride thing to be able to carry the bag. I have played with Gilby at LS and he never had to carry the bag because he sucks.
        The gentleman keeping everyone's score written down & official gets what's called "Scorekeeper Exemption" and does not have to carry the bag as long as he's keeping score & doin his part.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun View Post
          The gentleman keeping everyone's score written down & official gets what's called "Scorekeeper Exemption" and does not have to carry the bag as long as he's keeping score & doin his part.
          We have the last off the tee carrying the trash bag (or so called 'briefcase'). That way any practice shots or mulligans have a price. We give the scorekeeper exemption as well as having a 'three carry' rule with a similar exemption.

I found that the nets that the turkeys come in are the best bags to have - light weight and retains a minimum of spitoonage of the trash getting packed out.

Peace.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
          Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X