Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CTP Questions?

I have two questions regarding CTP's

1) Terry and I are running the Daylight Savings Tourney (March 8th, McMinnville Oregon) and there are not going to be players packs, but instead we are having CTP's on every whole, thats 18 CTP's ( some are longest putts) Do you like this or are you a fan of players packs? I like that you kind of have to earn your prizes with your play.
    I for one dont like the t shirts, but have been impressed with the seal skins.

2) So in Disc Golf we call them CTP's or Closet to the Pin... Oh, and why isnt it CTB... Closest to the Basket? In Ball Golf, they call it KP, does anyone know why?

This has been on my mind for a while now, Thanks
    Future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

http://golf.about.com/cs/historyofgolf/a/kp.htm

Comment

Originally posted by CarlitosBonitos View Post
      I have two questions regarding CTP's

1) Terry and I are running the Daylight Savings Tourney (March 8th, McMinnville Oregon) and there are not going to be players packs, but instead we are having CTP's on every whole, thats 18 CTP's ( some are longest putts) Do you like this or are you a fan of players packs? I like that you kind of have to earn your prizes with your play.
      I for one dont like the t shirts, but have been impressed with the seal skins.

2) So in Disc Golf we call them CTP's or Closet to the Pin... Oh, and why isnt it CTB... Closest to the Basket? In Ball Golf, they call it KP, does anyone know why?

This has been on my mind for a while now, Thanks
      I have always heard it as a "CTP" since I have been playing. That is untill I moved to Juneau. Here they call it "CTB". They also call 3 birds in a row a hat trick ( which I have heard before ) and three bogeys in a row a turkey. The latter is the one I argue with them about! A turkey in bowling is good, not bad! We always used either hat trick or turkey in OR for 3 birds in a row! AK people are just backwards! Wait... I am one of those people now
      Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

Comment

IMO, Player's packs are good. Many of us don't always play well enough to secure a CTP or finish in the money, but it is always nice to take something home. I don't have so many t-shirts that I wouldn't mind another one, but more original player's packs (Seal Skinz) are always welcome.

Comment

First off if the players pay for them then they should be payout. If donated then never as payout

I might be wrong but most Open players don't really care about the side games (except the ace pot).

I use LD (Longest drive) instead of CTP.

Normally you designate some CTP's per division like Am Ladies Long Putt or ADV Men LD etc. Some can certainly be for ALL divisions, The idea is to give something to as many different people as possible. I also subscribe to the "you can only win one" theroy. I just use the next name as the winner. I have also tried a grab bag for prizes. Make a label for each prize then have a grab bag for the winners.
          rewindb.com

Comment

In the bigger tourneys that we run at Wortman we use ctp's ,,, at the end of the day if you have not won something then I have what is called The Pile... leftover goodies that I have collected that did not go as ctp's,,, then after that a ring of fire. I also have a ctp mercy rule depending on number of players, twenty player rule would be,,, two ctp's max,give back least liked for ring of fire,,, I have not had enough people at my tourneys to worry about that,, everybody has always left with a prize or three,,,

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
            Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X