X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ski2man View Post
    I was having the same problem of not knowing how to store things. Found an awesome shelf idea on another site...made it today, turned out pretty amazing! All PVC, cost me about $30 to make, will last forever (until I fill it up.) I'm proud of it...picture below.
    Nice rack.

lol
    Hitch Hike Mike
    *Team Blizzard*

Comment

Originally posted by Paydirt View Post
      Nice rack.

lol
      I knew you'd like it! Sexy I know.
      "When a ball dreams, it dreams it is a frisbee."

Comment

Does anyone think that I could sell these if made out of wood, and sent so that one would just piece together?

Comment

Originally posted by matt View Post
          I have seen lots of those racks on DGCR
          but that's the first time I have seen the tennis ball dividers
          Is that your idea?
          Turned out nice by the way
          You are supposed to have disc golf related stickers on it (at least, all the other ones I have seen did anyway)
          I put tacks with the larger plastic heads. I haNG THEM ON THE WALL OF THE MAN CAVE.
          dang cap lock.
          sigpic Gives a whole new meaning to the words Pulling you're Pork.

Comment

I was having the same problem of not knowing how to store things. Found an awesome shelf idea on another site...made it today, turned out pretty amazing! All PVC, cost me about $30 to make, will last forever (until I fill it up.) I'm proud of it...picture below.
            Thanks for posting the spec's
            I'm making my friend one for his bithday, he has over 100 extra discs, do you think the size you made will hold them?
            I'll let you knw next week how it turned out

Comment

Originally posted by tmk View Post
              In my short time playing disc golf, I've managed to accumulate far too many discs to carry in my bag .. by a factor of three (going on four).

I do enjoy swapping discs in an out of my bag, picking out a set for a certain course or to practice a certain shot. Hence, I'd like to find a way to store the discs so I can easily see the discs I'd like to pull out and throw.

While I have limited space, the discs shouldn't be damaged by the method of storage (warping, discoloration, or rubbing off stamps).

Has anyone come up with a good method to store their discs? Clear containers? Stacking bins? Something else?
              I found a great deal at Walmart awhile back on some of those clear plastic totes with a lid. The discs fit perfectly on edge, and each tub can hold around 25 or so discs. When we ordered from Innova I have about a dozen or more of these tubs, and they made transporting discs to tournaments, or events a breeze.
              Follow us on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/mainstreetdiscgolf

Comment

Originally posted by juda4936 View Post
                I'm making my friend one for his bithday, he has over 100 extra discs, do you think the size you made will hold them?
                Well I have about 40 on the shelf in that picture. I'd say roughly 75-90 could fit on the three shelves. Putters seem a little wider and such. If he has that many I don't know if he'd need the tennis balls on those middle shelves, can't fit tennis balls on the bottom shelf without add feet somehow. You could also just make the 2 ft pieces longer though. I have about 60-70 discs, but keep some in the bags that you saw at all times and on walls. So that takes some off my shelf. Good luck, great present.

Comment

Depending on how many discs you have you could use one of those horizontal cd racks, basically some dowel between two plates. Should be easy enough to modify.

Comment

Originally posted by juda4936 View Post
                    How did it turn out?

Comment

How did it turn out?
                      They turned out great! Thanks!
                      I made one 30" long for my friend (he has a lot of discs)
                      And made mine to your spec's.
                      They both work great and I've just been collecting stickers to make them look better
                      I'll get some picture of them up

Comment

i store my extras in extra bags that i have accumulated.
                        Who put that damn tree in the middle of the fairway??

Comment

Originally posted by blaineT View Post
                          I built this rack out of some PVC and joints from Simplified Building. It's pretty awesome for some higher density storage. Plus I was able to customize it to fit in my trunk to maximize efficiency when I travel.
                          I love it! I'm going to build my own tomorrow.
                          Brody Cannon
                          PDGA #34008

Comment

we use an extra recycling bin. its full.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                            Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X