X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legacy Patriot Test

So I won a contest a while back to receive and write reviews for one of the new Legacy discs that is coming out (and now approved) the Patriot.

Here are pictures of what I just received since I just got it and it's too dark to throw. Feels great in the hand, feels like a cross between a Leopard and a Roadrunner. Really swirly marbled star like plastic. Feels a little slick but that's because it's brand new. Flat topped. Scaled weight 175.7

Top:

Bottom:

Side Profile From Top:

Side Profile From Bottom:

Full flight review coming as soon as I have daylight to throw in.l
    "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
    Cleveland Brown

Originally posted by General Scales View Post
    Full flight review coming as soon as I have daylight to throw in.l
    Glow it up and throw it tonight!
    Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
    Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
    Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
    Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
    Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

send it to me stu. I'll write you a review.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen.Sines View Post
        send it to me stu. I'll write you a review.
        Maybe after I throw the crap out of it I will.
        Cleveland Brown

Comment

Threw the Patriot for about 20 minutes today during a break in the wind. All reports that the Patriot is a faster Leopard are spot on. It seems to have the same amount of glide as a River without the nose angle sensitivity. It can be thrown on an anhyzer without too much fear of it fighting back out of it unless you really fufu it. Here's some of the run downs of my better throws.

3rd throw, 70-75% power, 2 MPH tailwind, 355 feet. This was my first real attempt at putting any sort of moderate power on the disc. I released the disc flat and it flew flat for about the first 100-125 feet. After that it started it's right turn. I was expecting the wing to drop and it to burn into the ground from the way it started hooking but it maintained a nice flat right turn. It stayed that way until it was at about 300 feet and slowly started fading back. Release of the disc made it fly about 10-15 feet off the ground the entire way.

5th throw, 70-75% power, 3 MPH tailwind, 366 Feet. This was the first throw in which I tried to hyzer flip the disc. Upon release, disc reached about 15-18 feet off the ground. Flew straight in the hyzer angle for about 100 feet and then stood up to flat. Held the flat line the entire flight. Was really surprised on this flight as I thought it would drop out of the sky earlier then it did. I don't think the tailwind really had any effect on the flight to keep it up.

I had about 20 throws with it in the field, the wind picked back up and was all over the place. With gusts up to 15-20 mph, there was no reason to continue to try and throw it and get an accurate read of the disc. The wind is dying down over here again and I'm on my way to go try some full power throws, big rollers and sky anhyzers.
          Cleveland Brown

Comment

Stu.

from what you put into writing, I'm really looking forward to this new release. the build and suggested flight characteristics are faily spot on to what the Rico's brothers told me to expect. I cant wait for it's full release to the public.

I think wer may have a new winner.

thanks for the info

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen.Sines View Post
              Stu.

from what you put into writing, I'm really looking forward to this new release. the build and suggested flight characteristics are faily spot on to what the Rico's brothers told me to expect. I cant wait for it's full release to the public.

I think wer may have a new winner.

thanks for the info
              It's very true to what I had heard in all the pre-release hype. It's very easy to throw that's for sure. It DOES NOT like a headwind. once the wind hits 3-5 mph coming at your face, grabs something else unless you are wanting a giant turnover. In a tailwind, it will fly for days! I was throwing it full power yesterday once the wind died down again and it was just bombing. I'm going to head out today (hopefully) and get some video of it since that's the best way to share information these days. I broke 400 with it twice yesterday at full power. This thing is a hyzer flip and glide machine.

More information to come...
              Cleveland Brown

Comment

I'm interested in this discs based of these minimal reviews. Can anyone speculate on some Innova style numbers? Defintely have a spot open in my bag for something between (my) Leopard and rotating stock of 11-13 speed rollers.

Comment

Originally posted by Michigan_Brian View Post
                  I'm interested in this discs based of these minimal reviews. Can anyone speculate on some Innova style numbers? Defintely have a spot open in my bag for something between (my) Leopard and rotating stock of 11-13 speed rollers.
                  Try a P-Line TD/TD2 by discmania sometime. You may find what you are looking for to fill that spot

Comment

Originally posted by Michigan_Brian View Post
                    If I had to put flight numbers to it it would be:

7 speed
                    5-6 glide
                    -1 to -2 HSS
                    1 fade, maybe a little bit more.
                    Cleveland Brown

Comment

I threw it on the course for the first time yesterday. Disc is great for line shaping. It's so easy to get to stand up and glide that I found myself powering down quite a bit and reaching distances that I throw more stable discs for. The more I put this disc through it's paces, the more I enjoy it's flight characteristics. I would firmly say that Legacy has produced a real winner of a disc here.
                      Cleveland Brown

Comment

Stu, your description sounds very riverish. Is there any reason to prefer the Patriot over the River?

Comment

Originally posted by tmk View Post
                          Stu, your description sounds very riverish. Is there any reason to prefer the Patriot over the River?
                          It has less nose angle sensitivity then the River does. Besides that one fact, the discs seem to fly identical. Can be finessed on for line shaping shots and can be crushed on for big sweeping anhyzer style flights. It seems maybe a little bit faster then a River but that could be just how I was throwing that day.
                          Cleveland Brown

Comment

Thanks for the info.

It would be interesting to hear about a side-by-side fly off between the two.

Do you have a friend with 250-300' power to give it a try?

Comment

Originally posted by tmk View Post
                              Thanks for the info.

It would be interesting to hear about a side-by-side fly off between the two.

Do you have a friend with 250-300' power to give it a try?
                              I do but I do not have a friend that owns a River. I have a lot of experience with them but I started throwing Strikers instead of River's and just beating them to different stages of wear.
                              Cleveland Brown

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X