Clear All

A friend w/o a River???

Good thing Christmas in near ... <g>

Comment

Sounds like a lat64 diamond

Comment

Originally posted by matt View Post
        Sounds like a lat64 diamond
        i guess a river fly's just as far a diamond only a little straighter (never had one)
        this disc sounds very interesting

Comment

Originally posted by General Scales View Post
          I do but I do not have a friend that owns a River. I have a lot of experience with them but I started throwing Strikers instead of River's and just beating them to different stages of wear.
          So we're not friends huh Stu???

My stats:
          250-300 ft power - check!
          Own a River - check!
          Have a friend named Stu - check?
          Whenever I see a matress on top of a car, I think it's a prostitute making a house call!

Comment

Originally posted by Kris C View Post
            So we're not friends huh Stu???

My stats:
            250-300 ft power - check!
            Own a River - check!
            Have a friend named Stu - check?
            Lol, alright that works, when are you available next because I have that Breeze you need! I didn't know you owned a River though
            "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
            Cleveland Brown

Comment

Sounds like a very interesting disc that i could throw for sure. I throw with hyzer quite a bit and have my discs flip up flat and i mainly have a 320-350 range on a driver disc like the katana, siderwinder and valkyrie. Would like to get my hands on one of these since i do like the cannon, but it can be a little overstable sometimes especially since it is still a little new.
              WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE A SPIDER BITE.

Comment

They said their release date won't be until after the new year. Don't know if that means it will be the very beginning of the year or later but I know that they ran very few of these proto's compared to how many Rival proto's they ran
                Cleveland Brown

Comment

Whats the flight #'s for the patriot and rival again? I have not heard of the rival yet.
                  WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE A SPIDER BITE.

Comment

Patriot seems to be 7/5/-1 to -1.5/1 to 1.5. That's just my take in what I've seen it do since I got it.

The Rival flies exactly like those awesome 11x Cal Teebirds. So the flight numbers would be that of a Teebird (with maybe a pinch more glide)
                    Cleveland Brown

Comment

yippie

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen.Sines View Post
                        yippie
                        It's hard to take your excitement seriously next to that big 'ol thumb down

Comment

Originally posted by mine all mine View Post
                          It's hard to take your excitement seriously next to that big 'ol thumb down
                          that avatar messes with my mind every time

Comment

SPECTATORS VIEW -- The real deal!

OK I have been trying to get this in for a while now, but it seemed premature with only watching Scales throw it for a day.

After throwing with Scales now pretty regular on a few different course in and around Spokane, I can give a solid "spectators view" of what this disc is to someone who loves to watch the plastic fly.

CORBIN 8: A tightened fairway shot following a skidding trail along the side of shale packed hillside. The disc with less than 70% and proper line adjustment followed the exact line it should have shaping curves and skimming edges of trees like a Speeder on Endor. At less than 70% the disc parked itself about 20' softly just beyond the pin. BEAUTIFUL SHOT! What was the distance you ask...honestly it didn't matter.

DownRiver 2: I didn't have to ask -- I knew when it left his hand what it was...my comment this Saturday as I watched that disc take off was -- "Patriot GOOOOO!" As someone who has seen a disc leaves someones hand enough to know what it was -- you all know that feeling if your competing.... usually followed with a resounding "SHIT!" in your head.. "He threw that thing again." The plastics flight was focused, determined and as usual -- it delivered. As with any other time I have seen this disc fly, it runs a beautiful defined line that appeals to anyone who enjoys seeing plastic fly through the air -- especially the thrower!

HighBridge 10: The kicker: I think this was the day that Scales really felt like the disc had won a place in his bag. Not just because he was testing it -- but because he enjoyed throwing it. Of course I cannot speak about what he REALLY felt -- but when a player goes from saying THIS:

"OK guys hold up gonna throw another disc here and see what it can do --
                            just testing it out --
                            won a contest --
                            yeah its ok --
                            its kinda like a -- "

TO THIS:
                            "............"
                            He never even hesitated -- didn't have a comment about it -- just grabbed -- zoned in and threw.
                            Once again - the disc politely asked for the proper amount of grip, spin and power....GRANTED!
                            It fired out on a predetermined line lifting with precision over the small evergreen's on the right -- As it lifted over those branches it sailed softly toward the right tempting the upcoming foliage -- teasing the branches and needles as it started its descent. The disc with its ever graceful fade, slid purposefully near the trunks of the split pines near the pin and settled within 10.

Closing comments: The disc is tight! Get one!

Mac

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                            Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X