Bag straps Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bag straps

    i have a Fade Gear bag that i am thinking about getting some straps so it is easier to carry my bag which can get heavy during two rounds of disc golf. i would love some inputs/feedback/suggestions as to which straps i should consider. i know there are several kinds such as pheonix (?), innova strap, and one other one.
    i'm a slightly large woman with broad shoulders who is comfortable carry her fade gear fade tournament but would like to consider an easier way to carry it.
    Practice - Practice - Practice -- Doing what I can to keep it on the fairway _ at least I try to!
    DDGA #202; WDDGA #37; ODDGA #47 ; PDGA #38171

  • #2
    My Phenix have lasted forever. I rarely "backpack up", I usually just wear it on one side. When I do backpack though, it feels like sweet relief. Even when I used a bag with shoulder strap the other day, it did not "hook onto" my shoulder the same way, and wanted to slip down annoyingly (probably helps that I fractured that clavicle snowboarding). My wife says I need new straps, but all they are is faded, after many years, they still work great. I have never tried any others, have had no need to.
    Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
    Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
    Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
    Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
    Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Mystjava View Post
      i have a Fade Gear bag that i am thinking about getting some straps so it is easier to carry my bag which can get heavy during two rounds of disc golf. i would love some inputs/feedback/suggestions as to which straps i should consider. i know there are several kinds such as pheonix (?), innova strap, and one other one.
      i'm a slightly large woman with broad shoulders who is comfortable carry her fade gear fade tournament but would like to consider an easier way to carry it.
      I would for sure go with the Phoenix Quad Shocks. I couldn't believe the stress they took off of carrying my bag.

      Bob

      Comment


      • #4
        I asked this question a while back and the consensus was to spend the extra money for the Phenix QuadShocks. I still haven't purchased any, but will be getting some and a basket sometime in the next week or so.

        Comment


        • #5
          i have had my quads for 5+ seasons and 2 bags they are still great
          "In Discatarianism We Trust"

          :cheers:

          :cool:sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            I would go with Quadshocks and if you buy them see if you can get them from the Depot, Jerry ends up double stitching them and they last forever, I've had mine for 5 or 6 years now and no damage at all to them. While a pair I bought for a buddy last year at an ORS event, ripped out in under 2 months. The double stitching is the key!

            Comment


            • #7
              I'm always amazed about this conversation, bags no. In bags you have so many options, but when it comes to straps people either like one strap or a double. In the double style there have been many imitators but only ONE truly ballistic set-up - Quads
              educate your thinking

              Comment


              • #8
                Ditto on the Phoenix Quad Shocks. I love mine, and my husband loves his as well.

                Cindy
                Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                Stumptown #176
                PDGA #37716

                Comment


                • #9
                  Yeah my fiance and I both have gorilla boy bags and quad shocks. The quad shocks we got like 3 years ago still look new.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Bruce View Post
                    I would go with Quadshocks and if you buy them see if you can get them from the Depot, Jerry ends up double stitching them and they last forever, I've had mine for 5 or 6 years now and no damage at all to them. While a pair I bought for a buddy last year at an ORS event, ripped out in under 2 months. The double stitching is the key!
                    That is a great idea! I will follow up on that! Thanks to everyone who provided insights to the different straps!

                    Snap7Times (Nathan) -- btw - on this forum i'm mystjava but on ddga forum i'm mathjava. :-D
                    Last edited by Mystjava; February 23rd, 2009, 09:58 PM. Reason: Wanted to add additional comments.
                    Practice - Practice - Practice -- Doing what I can to keep it on the fairway _ at least I try to!
                    DDGA #202; WDDGA #37; ODDGA #47 ; PDGA #38171

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I went ahead and order some. When I get them, I plan to double stitch them myself if they aren't. I believe I had ordered the newer version of the quadshocks, but we'll find out. I will keep everyone posted.
                      Practice - Practice - Practice -- Doing what I can to keep it on the fairway _ at least I try to!
                      DDGA #202; WDDGA #37; ODDGA #47 ; PDGA #38171

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Mystjava View Post
                        I went ahead and order some. When I get them, I plan to double stitch them myself if they aren't. I believe I had ordered the newer version of the quadshocks, but we'll find out. I will keep everyone posted.
                        I've had mine for 5 years now. They aren't after market stitched. They have held up extremely well.

                        I guess what I am saying is that they're pretty tough right out of the box. No need to mess with them.
                        Ruining everyone else's fun since 1998.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by proto something or other View Post
                          I've had mine for 5 years now. They aren't after market stitched. They have held up extremely well.

                          I guess what I am saying is that they're pretty tough right out of the box. No need to mess with them.
                          Agreed. Mine are two plus years old, no after market stiching, and they look brand new.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Scott View Post
                            Agreed. Mine are two plus years old, no after market stiching, and they look brand new.
                            As do mine!

                            Bob

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Wow -- Now I really can't wait to see them!!!!
                              Practice - Practice - Practice -- Doing what I can to keep it on the fairway _ at least I try to!
                              DDGA #202; WDDGA #37; ODDGA #47 ; PDGA #38171

                              Comment

                              Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X