X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Discraft disc named

Did everyone see that the 2012 Ace Race disc got PDGA cert. and is now called the Zombee.

How many of you have one and use it? Or don't?

I have a few and I don't use them. I just have other discs in my bag that currently do the same thing. I think it was a step in the right direction for Discraft though. It's about time the started to develop a competent fairway driver lineup
    "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
    Cleveland Brown

Comment

Originally posted by General Scales View Post
      I have a few and I don't use them. I just have other discs in my bag that currently do the same thing. I think it was a step in the right direction for Discraft though. It's about time the started to develop a competent fairway driver lineup
      I don't know anything about how they fly.
      (just that only 1 person in 50 like the name)
      what would you compare it to?

Comment

Originally posted by General Scales View Post
        I think it was a step in the right direction for Discraft though. It's about time the started to develop a competent fairway driver lineup
        Discraft has a solid fairway driver line-up, its just that no one gives a shit about them for whatever reason.

XLs, Cyclones, X2s, and Predators are all great fairway drivers.
        We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

Originally posted by matt View Post
          I don't know anything about how they fly.
          (just that only 1 person in 50 like the name)
          what would you compare it to?
          A lot of people will claim that it's a long Buzzz which is a good comparison but I really think that it's more like a longer Comet. They have super glide and like to be thrown with clean form. Torque monkeys tend to flip them over.
          "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
          Cleveland Brown

Comment

I think they resemble a leo, but I can throw them better. I carry 2, and I think the name is ridiculous.
            Whenever I see a matress on top of a car, I think it's a prostitute making a house call!

Comment

They should have called it The Flying Dead. Effin zombies...
              PDGA #42116

Comment

Originally posted by Parks View Post
                Discraft has a solid fairway driver line-up XLs, Cyclones, X2s, and Predators are all great fairway drivers.
                TRACKER, TRACKER, TRACKER.

It's unfortunate they mislabeled it as a long range driver. It flies very similar to a teebird. One of my fav disc craft discs.

Comment

zombee and the trackers are staple. they dont leave my bag now. flies too much like an XL/buzzz hybrid. very handy.

Comment

Discraft stated it is a fit between the Buzzz and the Stalker.
                    Still learning what I can and can't do with it.
                    Throwing it about 250-275 and learning to turn it over a bit.

Yeah the name sucks........ sign of the times I guess.

Comment

Let's be honest here, that's still a better name than the "Boss".

Comment

I think most disc names suck.

Although when we were first starting out we joked that unless the disc had some kind of animal on it, it would suck. It held up pretty well. Buzzzes and Gazelles are bad ass, but a Viking or Xpress? Weak.
                        We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

Originally posted by Parks View Post
                          I think most disc names suck.

Although when we were first starting out we joked that unless the disc had some kind of animal on it, it would suck. It held up pretty well. Buzzzes and Gazelles are bad ass, but a Viking or Xpress? Weak.
                          That could spark a whole different thread: "Best disc that does not have an animal mascot"

Quick peak: XL, Force, Surge, Tracker, Challenger to name my top picks from Discraft.
                          Team DISCRAFT
                          NW Sign Up
                          Gorilla Boy
                          Paragon Disc Golf
                          Odwalla

Comment

Gotta give it to Gateway with the putter line up: Magic, Voodoo, Wizard and Warlock combo.

Then again the 10 meter brick seemed like a solid name as well....
                            PDGA #25296
                            Stumptown #34

Comment

Originally posted by Mcw5378 View Post
                              Discraft stated it is a fit between the Buzzz and the Stalker.
                              Still learning what I can and can't do with it.
                              Throwing it about 250-275 and learning to turn it over a bit.

Yeah the name sucks........ sign of the times I guess.
                              thats a pretty small slot to fill (between the buzzz and the stalker)

i love my buzzzs but.... not so much of my stalker(might be just the Ti plastic)

here are all mentioned

looks/sounds like a good disc-and i dont mind the name

i might have to try one, if i can find one light enough for my noodle arm

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X