X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Celeste View Post
    Abe Downey made a really fun practice basket using one of those Weber grills (the round dome kind). It's super close to regular diameter and height, and actually caught really well. You could unsrew the pole with the chains and use it as a bbq still, if you wanted ash on your discs that is. Also if you nailed the front it sounded like a gong so every was aware of how much you suck. If you're interested I bet he'd get you the specs. I think he said he got all the parks for around $80 but he had pretty heavy galvanized chain.
    Thanks for the idea. I printed out the PDGA specs for baskets and will try to follow those. I'm going to go around to hardware and craft stores and such to try to find materials to work with. If I have to I will get some rod and bend it on my own. Depends what I can find to work with but I might just use a tire as the bottom of the basket. I'll keep the project documented just in case I actually stumble upon something awesome.

Comment

Ol' Bob has a pretty sweet design up at the Luck Mud. Tires and snow chains...pimpt out.
      Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

Originally posted by jevon View Post
        Thanks for the idea. I printed out the PDGA specs for baskets and will try to follow those. I'm going to go around to hardware and craft stores and such to try to find materials to work with. If I have to I will get some rod and bend it on my own. Depends what I can find to work with but I might just use a tire as the bottom of the basket. I'll keep the project documented just in case I actually stumble upon something awesome.
        For the top Abe used plywood and hung the chains using bolts at the correct spots. Then he put the top of the grill on it and it looked pimp. I wish I had a picture because it is seriously one of the coolest home made baskets I've ever seen.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
        Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X