Portable baskets Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    I still have the M-14 and a DB-5.

    People are always adding chains to help the baskets catch better. My suggestion: DON'T!

    If you can develop a method of putting that eliminates spit-outs and bounce-backs on an M-14, I guarantee you will never have a spit-out or bounce-back on a tournament basket.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by KenGilmore View Post
      I still have the M-14 and a DB-5.

      People are always adding chains to help the baskets catch better. My suggestion: DON'T!

      If you can develop a method of putting that eliminates spit-outs and bounce-backs on an M-14, I guarantee you will never have a spit-out or bounce-back on a tournament basket.
      I think I have to agree with this. My DiscCatcher with added chains catches really well. I swear there are putts four feet outside and the chains reach out and grab it and pull it into the basket. I get out to a course and the putts that are money at home just don't work the same. I'd like to get to where my putts just DROP in the basket instead of relying on chains or anything else. Shawn, if you and Eric want to borrow mine for a bit and try it out let me know.

      Bob

      ps...... a round battery touch light, turned upside down, in the center ring at the top eluminates the basket really well at night for night practice.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by KenGilmore View Post
        I still have the M-14 and a DB-5.

        People are always adding chains to help the baskets catch better. My suggestion: DON'T!

        If you can develop a method of putting that eliminates spit-outs and bounce-backs on an M-14, I guarantee you will never have a spit-out or bounce-back on a tournament basket.

        I have 1 of the 1st M-14's, i had the edges ground down to ease the chewing of my putters.
        I have no broken welds at all, it is easy to carry, plus if you can stick putts on this basket your golden on the course as stated above.....


        i need to practice some more
        "In Discatarianism We Trust"

        :cheers:

        :cool:sigpic

        Comment


        • #19
          Thanks, ya'll. I think we're now looking at the DB-5. We're probably picking one up next week, so I've still got a little time to research.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Susie Sunshine View Post
            Thanks, ya'll. I think we're now looking at the DB-5. We're probably picking one up next week, so I've still got a little time to research.
            That's what I've got. It does have some sharp bits, but it catches pretty well, is inexpensive, and actually looks like a basket. I'd say try and buy one you can look at 1st. I got mine online and it was kind of bent. I have to put a pinecone or something under it to get it straight. I'm sure I could return it, but what a pain in the ass.

            Comment


            • #21
              Play It Again Sports on Halsey has one of these bad boys for only $70.

              http://www.questat.com/DiscBasket.html

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by jevon View Post
                Play It Again Sports on Halsey has one of these bad boys for only $70.

                http://www.questat.com/DiscBasket.html
                Man, that is one butt-ugly basket.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Scott View Post
                  Man, that is one butt-ugly basket.
                  I bet it's light though.
                  Oregon disc golf map

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Sausage guy had one set up at Pier sometime this summer...it seemed like it would break if hit with a driver.
                    Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

                    Comment


                    • #25


                      I had the chance to putt on this basket and little plastic pieces everywhere!

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Sorry, I did not consider plastic baskets before responding.
                        Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                        Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                        Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                        Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                        Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Scott View Post
                          Man, that is one butt-ugly basket.
                          Wow! - the PDGA approved of that?
                          "Operator! Give me the number for 911! " - Homer S.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            I was going to get the DISCatcher Sport but I think I'm going to try to build one first. I'll need to take some measurements and then look for materials, but if I can make something for half the price and twice the quality then why not?

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Scott View Post
                              Man, that is one butt-ugly basket.
                              I was justttt thinking the exact same thing when I saw that, man, that is one butt-ugly basket; looks like my old HS art teacher has been at it again....

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by jevon View Post
                                I was going to get the DISCatcher Sport but I think I'm going to try to build one first. I'll need to take some measurements and then look for materials, but if I can make something for half the price and twice the quality then why not?
                                Abe Downey made a really fun practice basket using one of those Weber grills (the round dome kind). It's super close to regular diameter and height, and actually caught really well. You could unsrew the pole with the chains and use it as a bbq still, if you wanted ash on your discs that is. Also if you nailed the front it sounded like a gong so every was aware of how much you suck. If you're interested I bet he'd get you the specs. I think he said he got all the parks for around $80 but he had pretty heavy galvanized chain.

                                Comment

                                Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X