Does anyone use Quest discs? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Does anyone use Quest discs?

    I like their Odyssey for putting. it has this sure-grip feel to it and it is just deep enough where I am able to release with more confidence. i also use their scorcher for hard hyzer shots. It has a unique feel to it. I have a flippy disc with those dimples on it too. I want to say it is a Diablo.

    But I never really see anyone using those "Out-of-the-ordinary" discs very often, in fact at all. I dont think I have ever seen anyone use a Quest disc besides me.

    I tried their backbone disc .. hated it.

    I tried the 10M Brick hated it.

    Tried the steady Ed floppy putter that you could roll up and put in your pocket .. not accurate at all and I gave it close to 50 rounds trying to force myself to use it.

    I have an ultrlight raging inferno DT, I have never met a disc I couldnot get to turn over or darn close .. except this one. This is like a 127g disc and you would think it would just flip right over .. but no, it is the disc from hell. it is tied with the 10M brick for the worst disc of all time.

    I have a Double D .. nothing special that any other disc does not do .. I mgiht use it again later once myt right arm heals .. just to check it out in nice weather.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Brian View Post
    I like their Odyssey for putting. it has this sure-grip feel to it and it is just deep enough where I am able to release with more confidence. i also use their scorcher for hard hyzer shots. It has a unique feel to it. I have a flippy disc with those dimples on it too. I want to say it is a Diablo.

    But I never really see anyone using those "Out-of-the-ordinary" discs very often, in fact at all. I dont think I have ever seen anyone use a Quest disc besides me.

    I tried their backbone disc .. hated it.

    I tried the 10M Brick hated it.

    Tried the steady Ed floppy putter that you could roll up and put in your pocket .. not accurate at all and I gave it close to 50 rounds trying to force myself to use it.

    I have an ultrlight raging inferno DT, I have never met a disc I couldnot get to turn over or darn close .. except this one. This is like a 127g disc and you would think it would just flip right over .. but no, it is the disc from hell. it is tied with the 10M brick for the worst disc of all time.

    I have a Double D .. nothing special that any other disc does not do .. I mgiht use it again later once myt right arm heals .. just to check it out in nice weather.
    I heard enough people swear by the Raging Inferno DT that I thought I'd give it a try. Played a couple of rounds with it and found it to be OK. Didn't add the promised distance to my game, but didn't take any away, either. After sitting on my shelf for a few months I gave mine away to Zippyboy.

    Shortly after I gave mine away, someone gave me a Raging Inferno DT Ultralight (132g) for my son (9 yrs). Matthew loved it - threw it forehand mostly, but could also throw it backhand. After a 3 month hideout when it was hiding at Horning's, he can't throw it forehand at all - way too flippy. But he loves it for BH (he doesn't have enough snap to flip it over - yet).

    Comment


    • #3
      i can throw the double d farther then any other disc but it beats up to quick. fun for long drive comps.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Arose View Post
        i can throw the double d farther then any other disc but it beats up to quick. fun for long drive comps.
        I've heard it floats too.
        Oregon disc golf map

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Arose View Post
          i can throw the double d farther then any other disc but it beats up to quick. fun for long drive comps.

          Hmm i will have to try the DD again for some distance .. except it seemed real flippy to me .. but I was trying out about 10 new discs I got for Christmas at the time so I may be mixing it up with something else.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Brian View Post
            Hmm i will have to try the DD again for some distance .. except it seemed real flippy to me .. but I was trying out about 10 new discs I got for Christmas at the time so I may be mixing it up with something else.
            Possibly. The Double-D is supposed to be very overstable.
            Oregon disc golf map

            Comment


            • #7
              Well it is still up on my shelf, I will try it again in a month when my shoulder heals.

              Comment

              Announcement Announcement Module
              Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X