Free Disc Golf Pull Cart - Home Made Prefer to give to injured or disabled player Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Disc Golf Pull Cart - Home Made Prefer to give to injured or disabled player

I have a home made disc golf pull cart.

It is free to anyone who wants it but I prefer to give it to someone who is injured / disabled and cannot carry a regular disc golf bag on their back.

This is made from an old golf bag pull cart that I modified into a disc golf pull cart with a milk crate and about $15 worth of hardware. It's extremely solid and over engineered to last. It's not rickety or wobbly at all and will fit any full size disc golf bag.

The wheels fold in and the handle folds down.

For me I thought I'd give it a try but I never could get used to pulling a cart.

The other issue with this is that in say a hatchback car, with the handle folded down, it still sits taller than most hatchback doors will allow making it not the most practical if you play and carpool regularly with 3-4 other players and have limited space in the cargo area.

It has the footprint of about a disc golf bag and a half. If you have a larger vehicle you can fit this no problem but if you carpool in a smaller vehicle with 3-4 other players this is going to be a little tight.
    Steve
    http://www.BullseyeDiscGolf.com

Originally posted by Bullseye Disc Golf.com View Post

It is free to anyone who wants it but I prefer to give it to someone who is injured / disabled and cannot carry a regular disc golf bag on their back.

This is made from an old golf bag pull cart that I modified into a disc golf pull cart with a milk crate and about $15 worth of hardware. It's extremely solid and over engineered to last. It's not rickety or wobbly at all and will fit any full size disc golf bag.

For me I thought I'd give it a try but I never could get used to pulling a cart.

The other issue with this is that in say a hatchback car, with the handle folded down, it still sits taller than most hatchback doors will allow making it not the most practical if you play and carpool regularly with 3-4 other players and have limited space in the cargo area.

It has the footprint of about a disc golf bag and a half. If you have a larger vehicle you can fit this no problem but if you carpool in a smaller vehicle with 3-4 other players this is going to be a little tight.
    I have been having some lower back problems and thinking about getting a cart. Cant justify spending money on one right now. I would not consider myself injured and definately not disabled. If you don't find someone who needs it worse than I do maybe you would consider some kind of trade. I have lots of plastic.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye Disc Golf.com View Post

Very cool. Really, very human!
      I have been working on a disc golf cart most of the summer since my back problems (surgery). It's coming along but I am seeing some details that have me looking forward to the next prototype.
      I see your gesture (spelling?) as what I believe I'll do once #2 is completed. I have only the handle extention to complete for #1 then photos will follow under a thread I started (when I started the cart) labeled Pull carts.

Thank you for the inspration.
      Sincerely,
      Phil

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
      Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X