Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EnigmaSquad
    started a topic Help me with Glo CFR order

Help me with Glo CFR order

Hey all, I am ordering some CFR discs (Innova)to go with WSDGA Fall FLing in Mid-October. For those who love glo-discs:
    1) Which molds do you like the most?
    2) Which are typically the most popular?
    3)Which are the rarest and therefore might sell well cuz they are hard to get a hold of?

Thanks in advance for helping this rookie TD out.
    (I know there are non-glo CFR discs out there, but I am only interested in purchasing GLO this time around)

• matt
    replied
    Originally posted by EnigmaSquad View Post
    Thank you all for the input. I will be placing my order tomorrow. Probably going with Glo Firebird and GLo Teebird.
    We have a pretty cool stamp for our tourney but am I right in assuming you guys would care less what the stamp is on a glo disc?

Anyway if you interested in purchasing one of these (cuz I know they are sort of hard to come by) PM me. $15 each.
    So I guess the price changed?

Leave a comment:

• matt
    replied
    Originally posted by EnigmaSquad View Post
    I will have Glo Firebirds and Glo Sidewinders for sale at the Fling.

We would love to have you!
    so the 167 FB I bought today after Sat. morning doubles weighed in at 175/176 when I got it home

it was a little heavier than I was hoping for already, at 167, with my beginner arm

I wonder if someone was a little dyslexic that day, and got the 6 and 7 switched, when writing the weight.

I wont throw or put any ink on it, and maybe I can swap it out later, if I make it over that way again (doubles and/or the fling)

Leave a comment:

• EnigmaSquad
    replied
    Originally posted by matt View Post
    me and the wife are thinking about coming to the fling
    so i was curious what discs you ended up ordering
    I will have Glo Firebirds and Glo Sidewinders for sale at the Fling.

Player pack choices are Star Sidewinder and Beast and Blizzard Katana and Krait

We would love to have you!

Leave a comment:

• WestsoundBT
    replied
    Matt,

Come on up for the Fall Fling for sure! Enigma Squad will likely come on for clarity and to confirm, but I believe there will be glow firebirds and sidewinders available for purchase. Player pack selections include star and blizzard plastic selections.

I'm making the trophies for all divisions, including the women's division. They're looking nice!

Leave a comment:

• matt
    replied
    me and the wife are thinking about coming to the fling
    so i was curious what discs you ended up ordering

Leave a comment:

• matt
    replied
    so what did you get?
    fire and tee birds?
    what weights? any in the 150s-160s range?
    i would like to have a firebird, if it wasnt super heavy

Leave a comment:

• ChainBanger
    replied
    Sidewinder

Leave a comment:

• matt
    replied
    nobody voted for a Roc?

Leave a comment:

• ScottW
    replied
    Champ. Sidewinders would get my vote

Now I have a beginners/new guy question .....
    I have often seen tee-birds as tourney discs and listed in topics like this one, but....
    How many people use tee-birds regularly?
    I have one from the Shelton showdown, but only because it was the slowest and lightest (167 still a little heavy for me) thing they had
    I throw TeeBirds all the time - they are MONEY! I look to a TeeBird first off the tee before ANYTHING else, including faster drivers because they are so consistent for me. I carry a well worn 175g STAR and a crispy 175g Eco STAR for a little more turn at the finish. Now I hate Glo plastic of anykind - it just doesn't do anything for me - including TeeBirds (+ mold or otherwise) so I apologize for a bit of a thread drift here. I did play around with the same Glo TeeBird that KrisC mentioned but took it out of my bag and am toying with a 175g Metal Flake TeeBird that I am liking about as much as the Ch. Glo. STAR and Champion TeeBirds are money and soooooo consistent though. I do have to admit that I didn't understand that as a beginner though. Just my 2 cents.

Leave a comment:

• EnigmaSquad
    replied
    Thank you all for the input. I will be placing my order tomorrow. Probably going with Glo Firebird and GLo Teebird.
    We have a pretty cool stamp for our tourney but am I right in assuming you guys would care less what the stamp is on a glo disc?

Anyway if you interested in purchasing one of these (cuz I know they are sort of hard to come by) PM me. $15 each.

Leave a comment:

• General Scales
    replied
    I didn't much care for the plus mold glow teebirds that were CFR's. I did really like the Glow Firebirds though, so flat, so stable.

Leave a comment:

• *freeskier
    replied
    I throw a Teebird off the tee all the time. The old cal mold teebirds are so reliable. Not as sure about the CA mold, but people still love them.

Leave a comment:

• Kris C
    replied

I have often seen tee-birds as tourney discs and listed in topics like this one, but....
    I have one from the Shelton showdown, but only because it was the slowest and lightest (167 still a little heavy for me) thing they had
    I carry a CFR Glow teebird from the Farragut open last year and while it isn't the most used disc in my bag, it does see quite a bit of action.

Leave a comment:

• matt
    replied

Leave a comment:

Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X