X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Wedge

Ok so I finnaly got my hands on a star wedge about 2 weeks ago. I love this disc for my short game!! The wedge does what you tell it to, yes its flippy but easy to control. The star plastic makes it neutral, I.E. you can flip it and it stays flipped or you can hyzer flip it or you can hyzer it! The DX plastic makes the wedge super flippy yet it makes for a sweet putter. I realy like the super small edege it has. To me it looks like a modified XD.
    Thoughts???
    Hukin since 1992
    DGOD #115

What weight is it?

Comment

The wedge is an awesome disc. I don't throw one but they are fun to play with. Any disc that understable is fun!
      Fear of any kind is the number one enemy of all golfers regardless of ball-striking and shot-making capabilities.

Comment

Originally posted by matt View Post
        What weight is it?
        I think mine is 174g??
        I might try to find one in the 130 to 150g range for a catch disc, this would be awesome for warming up!!
        Hukin since 1992
        DGOD #115

Comment

I've had my Proto Wedge in the bag since it came out.
          I also carry a flatop XD, but the Wedge is good for longer shots, especially annys or tunnels.
          Its a good disc that fills a slot.

Comment

good idea on the light wedge for catch, i use my 151 skeeter for a catch disc, works perfect!
            Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up to the roof and gets stuck - George Carlin

Comment

The wedge looks, feels and flies like the old innova 91 mold.

Comment

I helped Tom Bontempo move the #17 basket the other day to a new short placement at white river. The wedge is perfect for this shot!! 298 ft, flat and wide open. Crush at max power with a slight hyzer and watch it glide right to the pin!!
                Hukin since 1992
                DGOD #115

Comment

Originally posted by Mikk View Post
                  I helped Tom Bontempo move the #17 basket the other day to a new short placement at white river. The wedge is perfect for this shot!! 298 ft, flat and wide open. Crush at max power with a slight hyzer and watch it glide right to the pin!!
                  Weird, I just saw Bmob's daughter's baby's father nail that exact shot approaching 4 west at Milo yesterday with a Wedge...
                  Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                  Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                  Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                  Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                  Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

The wedge is a very nice disc. It remind me of a slower shorter range stratus. I have one in star plastic which feels a little slick at first but is beating in nicely.
                    The Frisbee is the mirror to the soul.

-M. Burns

Comment

Originally posted by Mikk View Post
                      Why move 17 short?
                      Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

Why not? It's been in long for alomst a year. Change never hurts.

Comment

Originally posted by REDFIVE View Post
                          Why move 17 short?
                          shorter? is this a new short position or the original short pin?
                          Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

Originally posted by REDFIVE View Post
                            shorter? is this a new short position or the original short pin?
                            Just slightly shorter than the original short pin. the thought is to make it more in the open and farther from the back stop behind the basket ;-)
                            DONT FREAK it only moved 3 feet
                            Hukin since 1992
                            DGOD #115

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                            Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X