Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starlite roadrunner -- info wanted

Just wondering what everyone thought about it
    I just seen them, and thought they might be another good disc for me and my wife
    (Whimpy beginners arms)

just ordered one (144), we will see
    hoping it will be better than my CH 168 sidewinder(too new/not beat in) and/or my (useless) DX 172 archangel (too heavy)

Comment

just also got this starlite roadrunner 144 on wed
      tossed it a few times on wed but i have no opinion yet
      will work on it today some
      i was thinking, that this will be my go to driver until i can turn it over consistently (arm stronger/form better/disc beat in)

have to see how it goes

Comment

I want to try one of these. I love RR's in star but it seems to take awhile to season them in, so i'm hoping these will fly right for me out of the box. I'll need one in a little lighter weight.
        Last edited by jeffmonty; July 20th, 2012, 05:13 PM. Reason: *
        Basket thieves

Comment

today it seemed to fly pretty well
          it made some nice s-turns for me
          some of my other understable discs dont turn very much for me
          still need more study

Comment

Just got my son a starlite roadrunner today 145g and it seem to be a little inconsistent. He seem to shank/turnover the roadrunner most of the time and then on a few it would go a little high and hyzer out. The very few times he did get a hold of it just right it did fly about 60ft. Further than normal.

Maybe he just has to get use to it more and we will see in about a month.

BY THE WAY HE IS 12 AND THROWS ABOUT 200-250.
            WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE A SPIDER BITE.

Comment

I really like mine now that I have had it a while
              Still use the 148 mamba for the long stuff
              Also just ran out and got a CH 153 leopard (should have went about 160)
              But its still fun

Damn kids
              Last edited by matt; August 24th, 2012, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffmonty View Post
                I want to try one of these. I love RR's in star but it seems to take awhile to season them in, so i'm hoping these will fly right for me out of the box. I'll need one in a little lighter weight.
                Well, I was in Colorado last week and I picked one up a The Wright Life. Got a blue 152 w/ red sparkle stamp.This one flies similar to my 163 RR thats is getting seasoned but I get maybe 30'-40' more distance with the starlite. So far i'm really liking it but time will tell how it holds up.
                Basket thieves

Comment

Originally posted by jeffmonty View Post
                  Well, I was in Colorado last week and I picked one up a The Wright Life. Got a blue 152 w/ red sparkle stamp.This one flies similar to my 163 RR thats is getting seasoned but I get maybe 30'-40' more distance with the starlite. So far i'm really liking it but time will tell how it holds up.
                  I got a red one, 145 or so. It is not as understable as my 150 Sidewinder or my 150 Mamba. It throws very straight, with fade at the end similar to a Valkyrie.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                  Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X