• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just picked up a - CH 150 Mamba

yesterday I got a - Champion 150 Mamba
    I have only thrown it a few times
    but for my beginner arm, it seems to fly pretty well

I couldnt decide on the 150 or 166 weights
    (166 was a better color for off fairway throws, blue over green, so that also made it hard)
    figured the 150 would better as a beginner

I think when the plastic starts to "wear in" and my throwing gets "better/faster"
    it should start to turn pretty hard, then I can hand it down to my wife.

does anyone else have one of these yet?
    if so, what do you think?

any info or opinions, on how this disc is suited for my beginner skills, would be greatly appreciated

thanks, matt

I have a champion 150g mamba (pearly green) and it is my most thrown disc right now. It has taken over a lot of shots that I would use a sidewinder. I don't have a ton of power and it works great for me. I imagine it would work very well for beginners. I have had three so far, a 173g, a 166g and the 150g. I will say that it is some of the slickest plastic I have ever had. Reminds me of some discraft z plastic. Very pearly and slippery. I don't throw the 173g one too much and I lost the 166g. Anyhow, I think you're on the right track. There is another thread on the mamba on page two titled "Black Mamba". Some more info in there. Good luck.

Comment

used it some more today
      i dont know that i'm getting it any farther, than my Z 165 glide (my go to disc, right now)
      but it feels really good in my hand, and goes straight when I throw it

found the other thread, thanks
      Last edited by matt; July 7th, 2012, 07:12 PM.

Comment

I have a 165 gm First Run champion Mamba. It is my go to for doing rollers, and thumbers. Other than that I have no other use for it. But I will tell you one thing. It will always be in my bag.
        sigpic Gives a whole new meaning to the words Pulling you're Pork.

Comment

i have a 159 that i got in the player's pack from the Women's Global Event. i have found that it is not nearly as squirrelly as the 133 understable blizzard katanas i've got and that i can put a little bit more muscle on it without it turning nose down. it is the first disc that i can throw that comes out straight (i release pretty flat or with some hyzer on it... depends on how strong i'm feeling that day) and then fades to the right at the end of it's flight. i really love this disc... but would not think that it would be a good match for the stronger more powerful players.
          "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
          Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

I have a first run 171 mamba....love it for high turn over shots, rollers, sick hyzer flips. I have an above average arm and love this disc. Very flipy but love it still. Its cool to send it high and watch it turn over and see it level off for a smooth landing 300 feet plus to the right.....As Borat would say..."I alike it bery much"

Comment

I won another mamba (pink 170) in the raffle at chick flick

it has the logo instead of the usual info on the disc
              does this make it a first run?

the bottom of the rim looks a little different then my green 150,
              is this because of the difference in weight, or are the first runs (if thats what this is) shaped a little different?

Comment

Originally posted by matt View Post

is this because of the difference in weight, or are the first runs (if thats what this is) shaped a little different?
                Yup all the Mambas in the Chick Flick raffle were first runs.

Cindy
                Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                Stumptown #176
                PDGA #37716

Comment

just got back from giving allison a tour of the black tees here at shelton
                  and i got a chance to throw it a few times--i like it

and allison threw her new chick flick players pack 152 star sidewinder

Comment

just bought a 149 pink mamba for allison
                    had to share

Comment

Has anyone here thrown a Star Mamba yet?

Comment

Yes. Got one last week, same weight as my champ (166). Definitely less under stable, but still new so no certain conclusion yet.

The difference for me is that if thrown flat the champ takes a big right turn and holds it, ending with a small final fade; the star will turn slightly then straighten & finish with the same small fade. Thrown with a little anny, the champ holds the turn all the way to the ground, the star will straighten & fade.

Comment

Originally posted by matt View Post

i have brought back out the CH 170 first run
                          now that i have a little bigger arm/throw, its working a lot better for me
                          i couldnt really throw it too well before
                          kinda like it now

Comment

I bought a 156 champ mamba a few months back and I really liked it. Unfortunately I lost it in some blackberry bushes but it was my go to straight driver before it disappeared. I was able to get good distance out of it without throwing too hard and it was one of my straightest discs. I would definitely recommend it to beginners and more advanced players alike.

Comment

Anyone try the Starlite Mamba yet?

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X