X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JNichols View Post
    I ordered and extra 150gm Blizzard Katana from my Favorite eBay seller knowing I wouldn't be out to Chainbangerz before the Sudoku Tourney on Saturday. I got it in the mail this morning and went to my practice field today. This is the 3rd Blizzard Katana I have thrown. The one I got today is like throwing a dang Destroyer in terms of stability.... This is the 2nd one I have thrown that was Horribly stable. Anyone else have consistency issues with the Blizzard discs, as far as stability goes? Or, am I just finding the weird ones??? Thanks y'all.
    I have a 133 katana that is more useful for my 10 year old to throw as an anhyzer disc. I even tried doing the "forhand anhyzer to flip flat then anhyzer" thing. . . it flipped over and ended upsidedown. I won't throw anything less than 150 any more, too unstable/unpredictable.

Comment

Originally posted by InfamousButcher View Post
      I have 138 boss, destroyer, katana and ape, all pretty broken in. The APE has been working best for long controlled hyzer bombs. EVERYTHING else is so flippy/unpredictable its frustrating. My buddy has a similar set in blizzard plastic and he cant get anything to flip. I love the new technology but EPIC FAIL INNOVA
      i don't think it's an epic fail... yet... not when some of the discs have done so much for my game.

the technology is squirrelly... how could it not be? bubble infused plastic... i mean, come on, it just sounds silly.

i hope they keep working on it and trying to get the bubbles smoothed out...
      "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
      Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Originally posted by bstullis View Post
        I have a 133 katana that is more useful for my 10 year old to throw as an anhyzer disc. I even tried doing the "forhand anhyzer to flip flat then anhyzer" thing. . . it flipped over and ended upsidedown. I won't throw anything less than 150 any more, too unstable/unpredictable.
        I tried a 134gm Katana today that I didn't know my 6 year old has in his bag. Anything more than about a 70% throw and it turned into a roller, even hyzer flipping it. I tried throwing rollers with it the rest of the day, but it was just a bit to unpredictable.
        I am sure Innova will get the technology of "Bubbles" figured out. I just wish I could figure out a Blizzard Katana before Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by emmarose View Post
          i don't think it's an epic fail... yet... not when some of the discs have done so much for my game.

the technology is squirrelly... how could it not be? bubble infused plastic... i mean, come on, it just sounds silly.

i hope they keep working on it and trying to get the bubbles smoothed out...
          Agreed, i will remain patient and admit that they have helped my game quite a bit.

Comment

I haven't yet found a Blizzard Boss I can throw with my noodle arm. I trust I can inherit some of those faster molds, like Bosses, that are too flippy for others that might be just right for me. I get a kick out of showing off my 126 gram Destroyer in a strong headwind. It's amazing how much wind it takes to stop the fade. My 133g Katana is my go-to driver at the moment.

Someone bring me a light and flippy Blizzard Boss.
            The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
            ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

I'm just enjoying the discussion where innova and consistency are used in the same sentence...
              educate your thinking

Comment

Originally posted by JMan View Post
                I'm just enjoying the discussion where innova and consistency are used in the same sentence...
                As long as you don't try to pretend ALL of the other manufacturers don't also have consistency problems. I've seen plenty of Discraft discs that varied as well.
                "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

i've had nukes that went from the most understable thing ever, to ridiculously over-stable. I carry multiple comets, because they fly differently.
                  Fear of any kind is the number one enemy of all golfers regardless of ball-striking and shot-making capabilities.

Comment

"Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                    Cleveland Brown

Comment

I myself have also had Many DISCRAFT and LAT 64 Discs that were in no way, shape, or form, consistent. Same Molds, Different discs. Lol.

So, on that note, I got a Blizzard Krait in the Mail yesterday! Out to the practice field I went.............. AND................. It's MORE Stable than the 2 Blizzard Detroyers I have thrown now......
                      I think I may stop ordering Blizzard Plastic for a little while.

Comment

Originally posted by mowens404 View Post
                        i've had nukes that went from the most understable thing ever, to ridiculously over-stable. I carry multiple comets, because they fly differently.
                        I have found that color has a lot do do with disc flight, I usually go for green/yellow/orange only, with heavy preference to yellow.

Comment

yesterday I picked up a 136 blizzard krait for my wife to work into and me to play with
                          I have only thrown it once, but it sailed

Comment

Love my tee-devil for stability but didn't get a blizzard tee-devil for it to be over stable. Threw a boss and an Ape and found them to be way flippier than my champ katanas... I don't need them to be flippier... so many inconsistencies.
                            FORE! Youth 2011 http://www.discgolfscene.com/tournam...RE_Youth_2011/

Comment

It is all about the dome with these higher speed discs (of any brand!!!)
                              'Weekend 4 Women':
                              Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
                              Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

Originally posted by cefire View Post
                                It is all about the dome with these higher speed discs (of any brand!!!)
                                So does a higher dome mean more overstable? I got a blizzard katana at Next Adventure last night that seemed to have a flatter top, and I am hoping that it will be more understable.

Cindy
                                Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                                2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                                Stumptown #176
                                PDGA #37716

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X