X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Groovy

Got me a 166 Groove today from the depot. Can't wait to try it out tomorrow at the couples gig.

Cindy
    Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
    2013 Chick Flick co-TD
    Stumptown #176
    PDGA #37716

Boss top with Monarch bottom nothing new here just repackaged product
    rewindb.com

Comment

Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
      Boss top with Monarch bottom nothing new here just repackaged product
      Jub, It's actually not a Monarch bottom.

Comment

Originally posted by gwillim View Post
        Jub, It's actually not a Monarch bottom.
        I'm about to go take a couple grooves to the field. I'll let people know what I think.
        Current World Rank: 2857th
        Lowest Rated Round: 777
        Worst Tournament Finish: 2nd From DFL MA2 GNO 2008
        Worst Drive: 10 Feet behind teepad
        Shortest Putt Missed During a Tournament: < 1 foot (Not Kidding)
        Best Fall: Hole 11 Trojan Park, before cement teepads
        Dirtiest Ace: Hole 12 Horning's Canyon Course through the "V" tree.
        Pairs of Shoes Ruined: 6

Comment

Not bad much like a faster Destroyer. hyzer flip flat, float, float, float, float, float, fall off, minimal skip. easier to throw than a boss if you get the speed behind it. can be turned over but as it slows it will come back. It has made it into my bag, may even replace my boss.
          Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

Goddamn the pusherman!

Always another thing to try out. I've got too many discs now!
            The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
            ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Definitely not a boss top with monarch bottom. However it is recycled monarch technology, nothing wrong with that. I threw a 166 grove and thought it flew like a flippyish bosses. Not a huge change, still pretty stable, I'd like to see it in Star or Pro plastic.

Comment

Am I the only one thats thrown a groove and though it was as slow, or slower than a Wraith? Not that a Wraith is slow, it's just no where near as fast as a Boss...

Comment

I haven't thrown one but I did get a chance to feel a few. They were made with some to the hardest champion plastic I had ever felt. I really hope more discs come out with that plastic. An eagle x would be amazing in the super stiff champion. I don't know how they got it through the flexibility standards.

Comment

Originally posted by Micah View Post
                    I haven't thrown one but I did get a chance to feel a few. They were made with some to the hardest champion plastic I had ever felt. I really hope more discs come out with that plastic. An eagle x would be amazing in the super stiff champion. I don't know how they got it through the flexibility standards.

I have half a dozen USDGC Bosses that a buddy brought back with him from there. They are in the super stiff Champion plastic. I actually am not too found of it. I am a disc snob, and love very specific styles of plastic like CFR Glow and CE, and dark blue Star ( ask anybody who has thrown with me or seen my 400-500 discs! ). That stiff plastic is actually not very durable. It is the only disc on my bag that I won't throw when the temp goes below 10 ( like it is now ) due to it being brittle even in warmer temps.
                    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                    Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X