X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by General Scales View Post
    Nobody has said an Xtreme or a Ram yet..
    someone mentioned xtreme early on, got one...not the biggest fan... but I think I can make it work.
    "When a ball dreams, it dreams it is a frisbee."

Comment

Legacy Rampage

Comment

Nobody has said an Xtreme or a Ram yet..
        I haven't met anyone other than me that throws a Ram. Got any extras?

Comment

Nuke OS...it's impossible to get those to go understable...I have a big arm and at The Memorial I threw them flat into 20+ mph headwinds and they stayed overstable...insane!
          Victorious warriors win first then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win

Comment

Well, I've got plenty of choices for drivers now, thanks!!! How about the best headwind midrange?? something that can still get some distance but do what it's supposed to...
            "When a ball dreams, it dreams it is a frisbee."

Comment

i like my wasp. but i've also used a fairway driver if it's to bad of a wind

Comment

Gator. Won't ever turn over. It is a firebird that won't go as far. Great for headwinds.
                Fear of any kind is the number one enemy of all golfers regardless of ball-striking and shot-making capabilities.

Comment

Star 175g Rhyno for me. I can throw it just inside of 240'. Works great as a forehand roller too. I throw it about 10' shy of all the overstable mids I thrown. On hyzer with snap it will fade slowly but consistently, or flat and slow for a predictable finish. Great clutch putter in the wind, and I can flick it on anhyzer or slow hyzer for tough upshots. Probably one of three discs I would fear playing a round without. I have taken my overstable mids out of my bag and just kept the Rhyno.
                  PDGA# 49616
                  Stumptown# 353
                  OTDG: Young Guns - SAT

Comment

Originally posted by OneDarkRebel View Post
                    Nuke OS...it's impossible to get those to go understable...I have a big arm and at The Memorial I threw them flat into 20+ mph headwinds and they stayed overstable...insane!
                    I would agree with this for sure. If I'm playing in a hurricane, I would use the Nuke OS. I threw it at my local park in gusts over 40 mph with branches flying. It was the only time I saw that disc fly straight, and not hyzer out soon. I bought it to compensate for my poor overpowering forehand technique, I does that very well. It is more stable then anything I've thrown, including max weight (XCaliber, Ape, Firebird, XXX, Trident, Destroyers, Predator, Giant, Halo, King, Riot, Blitz, and any Innova Champ Glow I have). If I need to turn hard right I throw it forehand, hard left backhand, crazy skip thrown upside down backhand or forehand. Smashed it into more trees then I can count, it has not lost stability. I have had it over a year playing 2-3 times a week. I use it as a utility disc mostly, I tend to favor my Firebird for thumbers and XXX for forehands that need finesse though. But the OS will probably not leave my bag anytime soon.
                    PDGA# 49616
                    Stumptown# 353
                    OTDG: Young Guns - SAT

Comment

I heard the mamba is great for headwinds.
                      Fear of any kind is the number one enemy of all golfers regardless of ball-striking and shot-making capabilities.

Comment

I feel somewhat bad that you got an xtreme, I love them personally and I have 2 in the bag, but they are so beefy that they barely fly, it's more of a weird mid-range that wants to be a fairway driver. As for good mids, I'm a fan of the drone, it's very overstable with, what I feel, is a more comfortable rim than other overstable mids like the gator.
                        PDGA: #32726 rating: 930 StumptownDG: #31, Trojan Nation: Tag# 06
                        dgcoursereview.com profile: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/profile.php?id=376

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua Olmsted View Post
                          I feel somewhat bad that you got an xtreme, I love them personally and I have 2 in the bag, but they are so beefy that they barely fly, it's more of a weird mid-range that wants to be a fairway driver. As for good mids, I'm a fan of the drone, it's very overstable with, what I feel, is a more comfortable rim than other overstable mids like the gator.

Also has more glide than the gator, won't just die and fall.

Comment

I just picked up a Lat. 64 Gold Line Villain to replace an Eco STAR Xcaliber that I lost. Very similar flight characteristics so it should be interesting to see how it compares. Haven't thrown it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by mowens404 View Post
                              I heard the mamba is great for headwinds.
                              Yeah it is...
                              "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                              Cleveland Brown

Comment

Yeah it is...
                                unless you're a power thrower, than I'd recommend the vulcan.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X