X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Mamba

Well i was thinking about replacing my roadrunner here soon but was just looking into the Mambas. Just wanted to hear some thoughts on the disc from some people who have got to throw it around.
    Last edited by NBdiscgolfer; April 11th, 2012, 12:04 PM.
    10/4 5PM START Carnation weekly Random Doubles every Thursday untill we cant see our discs flying anymore. All info in the link http://www.nwdiscgolfnews.com/forum/...ead.php?t=8788

Originally posted by NBdiscgolfer View Post
    Well i was thinking about replacing my roadrunner here soon but was just looking into the Mambas. Just wanted to hear some thoughts on the disc from some people who have got to throw it around.
    melody king had one in her bag last weekend... seemed very understable but really nice distance... she said she dug it. made me want to go get one. not sure what weight she was throwing. that's all the info i got for you

(oh, and hers wasn't black, it was pink)
    "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
    Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Originally posted by emmarose View Post
      melody king had one in her bag last weekend... seemed very understable but really nice distance... she said she dug it. made me want to go get one. not sure what weight she was throwing. that's all the info i got for you

(oh, and hers wasn't black, it was pink)
      Right on. I not really trying to use it as a distance driver so much. More for controlled turn over shots for my RHBH since my side arm still needs some work on consistency. Seemed like a good option.
      10/4 5PM START Carnation weekly Random Doubles every Thursday untill we cant see our discs flying anymore. All info in the link http://www.nwdiscgolfnews.com/forum/...ead.php?t=8788

Comment

I have an orange 165g that I started throwing. It didn't display any of the late turn qualities I expected, so I began to think it just wasn't for me. My husband had a yellow 175g, and it was super stupid flippy, so after a few holes trying out our respective Mambas, we switched. He has had some success with the more stable, lighter, orange one I started with, and to some extent I have had success with the flippy one, although it really is super stupid flippy, and now we're thinking that we might have just gotten two freak Mambas. That said, when either of us get our freak Mambas off in just the right way, they do display a straight early flight, late turn, and minor fade for quite a bit of distance.

I should also mention that another friend has a 175g and it does exactly what it is advertised to do.

Comment

I got one and it is like my roadrunner X10. first time throwing it I tried to throw a skyroller, it did a full flip like a tomahawk. After realizing how insanely understable it is I slowed myself down and was getting some nice rollers out of it. Only threw a few airs hots, but it felt like the most beat up sidewinder i've ever thrown. I used to carry a totally beat to crap sidewinder and it is almost identical in flight. mine is 175 first run champ. they feel good in the hand though.
          Fear of any kind is the number one enemy of all golfers regardless of ball-striking and shot-making capabilities.

Comment

Originally posted by NBdiscgolfer View Post

don't get rid of the roadrunner! such a great disc.
            Fear of any kind is the number one enemy of all golfers regardless of ball-striking and shot-making capabilities.

Comment

Originally posted by mowens404 View Post
              don't get rid of the roadrunner! such a great disc.
              Not getting rid of it. still love the beat up roadrunner, just need a new one to get that original flight path back. Thought the Mamba might be good to try aswell.

Comment

you'll probably love it, but it is more understable than a roadrunner I would say.

Comment

Originally posted by mowens404 View Post
                  you'll probably love it, but it is more understable than a roadrunner I would say.
                  Yeah thats what ive heard. I think I must try it! Thanks for the input.

Comment

let us know what you think after testing it. I want to see what other people have to say.

Comment

Will do. I think I will pick it up this weekend.

Comment

I picked up an orange one. First run star stamped that weights 170. It is by far the most under-stable disc that Iíve thrown out of the box. I threw it a few times during a round at pier.

All hole #ís are the original layout, not the winter layout. (Winter layout is really cool btw! Thanks to all those that worked on it )

Hole 1, threw a roller. It turned over too fast and went up the hill into the upper soccer/softball field.
                        Hole 11, threw it with a heavy hzyer angle intending it to be an air shot. It flipped into a roller and went past the short placement.
                        Hole 14, threw the anny route, intending for it to be a roller. After clearing the turn around the trees, it flipped all the way over and landed on the face of the discs.
                        Hole 16, after throwing my 170 star leopard and having it act like a firebird due to a stiff tail wind, I threw the mamba on a strong hyzer angle with about 50% power. It stood up, Síed its way down the fairway and landed 40 feet directly in front of the pin.

To give some reference of how I throw, my go to driver is a 170 slightly beat star destroyer that I throw close to 400 when I really get on it.

Comment

Right on. Sounds like it will be a fun disc to get in the bag. Looking forward to testing it out!

Comment

How does the Mamba compare to a beat in Pro-Katana?
                            Board Member of the West Sound Disc Golf Association
                            Like us on Facebook! Facebook.com/WSDGA

Comment

I've got a pro-katana, it is not similar. It feels more like a beat to he** sidewinder. It is much more understable than any disc i've ever thrown.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X