Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've thrown sub 140 DX Cheetah's that were more stable than a Mamba. Disc is garbage for my game. Could see it working for others though.
    "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
    Cleveland Brown

Comment

I just picked up a 168g mamba today as I am starting to really enjoy super flippy plastic. I gotta say, it might be one of the freaks out there, I don't have a big arm by any means, but it definitely isn't nearly as flippy as the 150g DX plastics I've thrown. It's also super pearly, like CE almost, and really withstood some high speed throws into trees today (played 27 holes at Pier using it as my primary driver, no real chunks out of the disc at the end of the day). I am really happy with my purchase, but also super curious as to how this is the second case in the thread where the 168g seems to be far more stable than the max weight. This is an awesome, controllable fairway driver, comparable to Latitude 64's Vision or a perfectly beat Champion Leopard. At least, the one that I bought is.

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonH View Post
        I just picked up a 168g mamba today as I am starting to really enjoy super flippy plastic. I gotta say, it might be one of the freaks out there, I don't have a big arm by any means, but it definitely isn't nearly as flippy as the 150g DX plastics I've thrown. It's also super pearly, like CE almost, and really withstood some high speed throws into trees today (played 27 holes at Pier using it as my primary driver, no real chunks out of the disc at the end of the day). I am really happy with my purchase, but also super curious as to how this is the second case in the thread where the 168g seems to be far more stable than the max weight. This is an awesome, controllable fairway driver, comparable to Latitude 64's Vision or a perfectly beat Champion Leopard. At least, the one that I bought is.
        I throw Gold Line Visions and I find them to be controllable. Which I cannot say about the Mamba. The Vision has a nice hyzer flip flight that will glide ultra straight, especially at higher arm speeds. The Mamba seems like it just wants to flip up and and over and roll. Perhaps I should try one of these strange stable 168 gram ones.
        "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
        Cleveland Brown

Comment

Mine is a 168g pearly with a firm top plate and it does just what I wanted it for, a long distance Stingray. It has a spot in my bag for just that reason. This disc was born to flip!

Comment

Finally picked up my Mamba. Got a blue 170g. All i can say is WOW! Amazing disc, still can not believe how far that thing can carry over with no return at all. Had a few throws where I got over the top on it a bit and it would just get on edge and run but when it comes out nice and flat it will just go. I was just hucking it out at Carnation on hole 3 yesterday throwing it with like a 45 degree hyzer and it would still level out and continue right with some nice distance. Still getting used to it but so far so good.
            10/4 5PM START Carnation weekly Random Doubles every Thursday untill we cant see our discs flying anymore. All info in the link http://www.nwdiscgolfnews.com/forum/...ead.php?t=8788

Comment

Originally posted by mowens404 View Post
              I got one and it is like my roadrunner X10. first time throwing it I tried to throw a skyroller, it did a full flip like a tomahawk. After realizing how insanely understable it is I slowed myself down and was getting some nice rollers out of it. Only threw a few airs hots, but it felt like the most beat up sidewinder i've ever thrown. I used to carry a totally beat to crap sidewinder and it is almost identical in flight. mine is 175 first run champ. they feel good in the hand though.
              I agree with you on it being like a beat up sidewinder. It fly's just like my S/W. Mine is also stupid flippy but I really like that part. Mine is also a 165gm first run champ orange. All of my drivers are under 169gm. lightest is 136 blizzard Boss.
              sigpic Gives a whole new meaning to the words Pulling you're Pork.

Comment

Just got a first run 175g for my birthday. STOKED
                10/4 5PM START Carnation weekly Random Doubles every Thursday untill we cant see our discs flying anymore. All info in the link http://www.nwdiscgolfnews.com/forum/...ead.php?t=8788

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X